Throttle problem bafang bbs 02

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
I got my Bafang bbs 02 500w 48v yesterday.I use a lifepo4 battery from bms battery.I belive it is 30-60 ah(48v).When I connected everything together,I got error 04 on the display.error 04 is OVP.Then I disconnected the throttle and everything worked fine on pas.But I belive there is something wrong.The motor felt very weak.I would say it feels like an 250w tonaro bihit or a bosch crank.Also the speed is about 20 kmh on the flat.It wont work with a throttle.Any ideas?
Off course it was delivered without any instruction at all

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
does the speed increase when you change assist level from 1 to 2 then to 3?
I would check the battery voltage too for peace of mind.
Did you buy the battery from bmsbattery?

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Not sure if the speed increase with diffrent assist level.I only tried on 3.But I will try it later today and come back with moore info.Yes, battery is bought from bms battery.But my friend has opened it and changed the shape of it.The voltage from battery is almost 54 v.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
There is diffrence between level 1,2 and 3.But the motor is jerking in 1 and 2.But not in level 3,but it clearly lacks power.There is no 48v alternative on the controller adjustment.the voltage on battery is ca 51v when the wheel is spinning in the air with medium brake power on.Understand my English? ;)
Another thing,the throttle works sometimes but only on full speed,even if the throttle is in off position

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
did the throttle come with the kit?
Can you undo the throttle connector and measure the voltage on 3 pins, motor side, using the minus battery terminal as ground?
it looks like the controller is damaged in some way.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Yes ,the throttle came with the kit.I will try measure it tomorrow.but the motor dosent work as it should when throttle is not connected.so maybe there is two problems.I am waiting an answer from the seller.But I
dont expect she knows the problem

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Some engineer at Bafang says my motor problems comes from my throttle.Is it possible that the motor doesent run properly with the throttle disconnected?

Advertisers