Help! Tongsheng tsdz2 sound problem diagnose

Flipoidix

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2022
Hi @Flipoidix - any update on resolving the noisy motor?
Hi, I have found where the noise comes from, but still waiting from feedback of the seller.

The noise comes from the gear in orange, I believe there is some slack that should not be present causing the rattle.

You can see this in this video:

https://youtube.com/shorts/B12jbg6wkNA?feature=share

( Blue gear Side )

or this

https://youtube.com/shorts/vNEOZYK8TYA?feature=share

( slack not very clear but present, noise definitely comes from this small gear )

Reactions: Bikes4two

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi, I have found where the noise comes from, but still waiting from feedback of the seller.
did you check that the blue gear is actually disengaged when you turn the cranks by hand?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
when you turn the cranks by hand, the spindle in the middle of the blue gear mustn't rotate because the blue gear is disengaged. Can you confirm that it is the case? Your video is good but my eyesight is not.

Flipoidix

Jun 22, 2022
when you turn the cranks by hand, the spindle in the middle of the blue gear mustn't rotate because the blue gear is disengaged. Can you confirm that it is the case? Your video is good but my eyesight is not.
When I spin by hand, the small gear makes the blue gear spin as well , isn't it supposed to?

without the blue gear you can see the spindle spin

and with the blue gear in place everything spins ( spindle and gear )

I think the problem is with this part that has some slack causing the metalic noise

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
as you know, the blue gear is a one way needle roller bearing. If you turn the inner ring, it will turn freely one way and lock in the opposite direction. That's how it works.
If you turn the cranks by hand, the small gear that you circled in orange in post #21 rotates but the needles inside the blue gear will disengage, the blue plastic helical gear should not rotate. If the latter rotate, then the needles did not disengage as they should. The blue helical gear meshes with the rotor's gear, if the blue gear rotates then the rotor rotates, hence you can feel the load and hear the noise.
You'll need a new blue gear.

Flipoidix

Jun 22, 2022
as you know, the blue gear is a one way needle roller bearing. If you turn the bore (the middle cylinder), it will turn freely one way and lock in the opposite direction. That's how it works.
If you turn the cranks by hand, the small gear that you circled in orange in post #21 rotates but the needles inside the blue gear will disengage, the blue plastic helical gear should not rotate. If the latter rotate, then the needles did not disengage as they should. The blue helical gear meshes with the rotor's gear, if the blue gear rotates then the rotor rotates, hence you can feel the load and hear the noise.
You'll need a new blue gear.
thank you for your post, what I dont understand is that if I remove the blue gear, the noise is still present since the small gear in orange is still spinning and making the noise.

Although it should not be rotating while in place, shouldnt I replace the small gear as well as the blue gear? is the slack on the small gear normal?

I will open the motor up once again when I have time to confirm. Is there any video online showing how the blue gear stays still unless the motor is operating it?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
what I dont understand is that if I remove the blue gear, the noise is still present since the small gear in orange is still spinning and making the noise.
the small gear that you circled in orange is held between two ballbearings.
If you remove the blue gear and the noise is still there then remove also the small gear.
You will then be able to confirm if the noise comes from the small gear. Replacing the two small ball bearings should then fix the problem.

Flipoidix

Jun 22, 2022
the small gear that you circled in orange is held between two ballbearings.
If you remove the blue gear and the noise is still there then remove also the small gear.
You will then be able to confirm if the noise comes from the small gear. Replacing the two small ball bearings should then fix the problem.
Yes, my bet is that the problem is in the small gear, I will ask the seller for another one, hope it comes with the ball bearings since I dont know where to find them

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
On ebay. They don't cost much. Just read the markings on the rings and order the same.

Flipoidix

Jun 22, 2022
Hello all, just to let you know that the problem was in fact in the small gear :) replaced it and its fine!

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Hello all, just to let you know that the problem was in fact in the small gear :) replaced it and its fine!

Did the replacement come F-O-C from the supplier, and if you did, who was the supplier as a thumbs up on here would be nice.

Conversely, if you had to buy it, can I ask where from and the price please?

Flipoidix

Jun 22, 2022
Did the replacement come F-O-C from the supplier, and if you did, who was the supplier as a thumbs up on here would be nice.

Conversely, if you had to buy it, can I ask where from and the price please?
Yes the replacement came under warranty from pswpower. It is available in their website for about 10€ or so. Unfortunately it took forever to arrive since they only stock it in China ( I had to pay customs, but not the part). They even included some grease to apply :)

Advertisers