Torch helmets

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
I saw a bit of 'Dragons' the other week, and one of the pitches was for a bike helmet with built-in LEDs giving a semi-circle of bright lights around the front and back of the head.

Looked like a good idea, so I bought one.

And am now sending it back.

I've got a largish head, so ordered the L/XL (their biggest), but it's too small - I can just about cram it on to my head, but it is very uncomfortable, and would give you a headache quite quickly.

Which reflects the general build quality of the £85 helmet. Not brilliant. My current helmet is a Kask (bought because it comes with full visors), and the quality is immeasurably better all round. The Torch Helmet is made in China, and while I have nothing against Chinese manufacturing, it seems that if you ask them to make something cheaply, they are masters of the art! The front light seemed fine, the rear didn't work - and the switches for each were very flimsy.

It's a shame, because having flashing lights front and rear on your head, without the bother of attaching separate torches, really is a good safety idea.

This is their web-site:

http://torchapparel.eu/

A.

Advertisers