Transferable Warranty

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
That's a fair point from Specialized, we don't get that many warranty claims so the transfer to the new owner should be less involved maybe, I will sort this out. Also I like their motor warranty, we hardly ever have a motor issue even on very old bikes so for our customers' peace of mind maybe we should extend.

Food for thought.
Just for clarity sake my observations regarding Specialized in no way detract from the great service Wisper provide across the board ie customer care and quality products.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Specialized warranty is now 4 years.
To be fair it needs to be as there track record with Brose motors has been far from reliable
its good they have stepped up but for lots of owners its to little too late

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
To be fair it needs to be as there track record with Brose motors has been far from reliable
its good they have stepped up but for lots of owners its to little too late
Very true, I have just got a Creo with the Mahle motor which I have to say is a revelation, so light and easily powerful enough for the hills( expensive but I got a good deal) as for reliability time will tell, but when I had a Bosch motored bike half the people on here assumed I had made a pact with the devil.

• :D
Reactions: Gringo and Fat Rat

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
when I had a Bosch motored bike half the people on here assumed I had made a pact with the devil.
Or one person making enough noise for half the people here?

• Agree
Reactions: Gringo and Amoto65

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

Homer Jay

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2020
Only Specialized and NCM have warranties to be transferred. Wisper do not - I called them and they said they didn’t. 2nd users absolutely have no legal recourse under law to force any company to extend the warranty to a second user. Buying a second had ebike is a minefield as you never really know how that MTB has been treated. Has it just been road-driven or has it been hurled off the side of a mountain? The only way I would buy a used ebike was if it was cheap enough to take a chance.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Woosh and Wisper have in the past looked after used buyers quite well, so I wouldn't be put off buying one. A chat/call with either will give anyone an idea of the help available, also being very active on the forum owners aren't left exactly in the dark.

Feb 3, 2021
Thank you for this question. I haven't even thought that kind of insurance exist. Because as someone said in this thread, it is expensive consumable product, so my focus was on the consumable unfortunately. So do you think it will cover a used bike? If I by something from the user here for example?

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Care to explain how a purchaser of a second hand item can enforce anything against a company they don't have a contract with?
By Buyer 2 acquiring beneficial ownership only of the now-second-hand item, with an agreement with Buyer 1 that B1 retains bare or trustee-like legal title and agrees to enforce the original obligations on B2's behalf as against New Bike Seller?

Homer Jay

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2020
By Buyer 2 acquiring beneficial ownership only of the now-second-hand item, with an agreement with Buyer 1 that B1 retains bare or trustee-like legal title and agrees to enforce the original obligations on B2's behalf as against New Bike Seller?
This assumes that B1 will act in this manner. Most will not and will simply walk away. Even if B1 gives assurances that he will act for B2, he may change his mind later. What are you going to do, sue him?!

Related Articles

Advertisers