Tranz battery with controller.

Malcolm B

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2016
North Norfolk
My UCL10 uses a tranz 36v pannier battery with what seems to be their own controller. Has anyone got a wiring schematic or colour coding for this. Its all fitted on an ebco ucl10 250watt. In fact being a novice to electric bikes , is there a standard wiring colour code for all the bits and bobs.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A standard on Chinese wired controllers that would be a first. You will have to remove the controller and look to see if there are any spare wired connectors for a possible throttle.
Black is usually used for Gnd -
Red,Brown and even Yellow for 5v+
And a signal wire can be any other colour inc Yellow.
Take some pics and post them on here to get some answers

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to check how many wires go from the controller to the battery. If it's two, you'll be OK. Some of the Tranzx systems use CANbus communication, which makes changes very difficult. That would require at least 4 wires to the battery.

If you can get the controller out and show a photo of all its connectors and wires, we should be able to help you.

Malcolm B

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2016
North Norfolk
Thanx for that d8veh its a job for Monday I will take the controller off and have a good look round. The battery looks as though it has 4 connections but I will see when I take the controller off , see photograph. BATTERY.JPG BATTERY.JPG BATTERY.JPG

Advertisers