troubleshooting an ongoing problem with my lishui / xiongda set up

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Hi

I still have a dead e-bike (after several months now). Partly due to no time, work and my first child(!) and secondly because it is my first e-bike set up and I'm still trying to work it all out!

To re-iterate I have a Xiongda 2 speed motor, a Lishui 48v controller and C600 LCD. It was all working fine. I decided to rebuild the whole kit on a brand new frame/bike and then it stopped working ever since.

I turn it on and the LCD flashes Error 9.

I have been in contact with Bonnie at Xiongda and she has been as helpful as possible but I am still not getting to the conclusion of what the problem actually is. Initially she thought it might be the motor, she has even offered to pay the cost for me to return it to a german supplier, send me a new one from china and pay my wheelbuilder to rebuild the wheel! I really couldn't ask for more... other than clarification it is actually the motor at fault!

She asked me to run all the tests found here: http://www.ebikes.ca/learn/troubleshooting.html

I have done so and the tests for the 'blown mosfet test' and 'throttle test' are shown below:

BLOWN MOSFET TEST:

Green + Black = 1
Blue + Black = 1
Yellow + Black = 1

Green + Red = approx 700
Blue + Red = approx 700
Yellow + Red = approx 700

THROTTLE TEST:

Black + Red = less than 0.5v DC
Black + Blue = 0v DC

From these tests does that indicate that the controller has issues?? If so, the obvious thing to do would be to change that first and see if that solves the problem. If that is what you guys would recommend do any of you have a spare controller suitable for my setup that I can buy and have posted to me asap?

It has been far too long that this bike has been out of action. I have built a lovely bike that I know is going to be ace when working and its killing me not being able to use it for my commutes (almost literally!).

Any help greatly appreciated.

cheers, Tom

Advertisers