TSDZ2 POWER ISSUE

Stephen spittle

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2019
I have a MTB have been using this system now for 3 years or more and with no faults on 3 motors, but what is now happening is during a ride I will change batteries over. and with in a minute or so the system shuts down.
I thought it might have been the battery its self, but the following ride I swapped the two batteries around and used the second battery first and the same thing happened the swap to the second battery half way round my ride did the same as before but the batteries were swapped so its not the batteries I have change the controller still the same have also changed the screen and torque unit, the only thing I have not changed is the motor its self , please any ideas or has anyone else had this problem.
I forgot to add the two batteries are 748.8 and 765Whs.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If the LCD switches off at the time of the motor stopping, it's almost certain that its power from the battery has been interrupted. If the motor stops and the LCD stays on, it's a problem between the control system and the motor.

Stephen spittle

Apr 1, 2019
If the LCD switches off at the time of the motor stopping, it's almost certain that its power from the battery has been interrupted. If the motor stops and the LCD stays on, it's a problem between the control system and the motor.
But when I swap the two batteries around and use the second one first the same thing happens when in boost

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Are the batteries BMS continuous discharge rating greater then the motor current draw.

Stephen spittle

Apr 1, 2019
Thanks for the reply but I really wanted a answer to my problem. I didn't realize you are given English lessons on here.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Which tsdz2 is it, most importantly how hot does the motor get ? if the outside of the case is warm then the controller is very hot and constant turbo mode can cause the fault described

Stephen spittle

Apr 1, 2019
Which tsdz2 is it, most importantly how hot does the motor get ? if the outside of the case is warm then the controller is very hot and constant turbo mode can cause the fault described
I ride in the 3rd position all the time only go in to turbo when I hit a steep hill I have touched the motor and its only very slightly warm, my thoughts are on the same line as yours, so it might be worth swapping the motor unit over, there is another funny thing that happens every now and then when starting out on a jorney.
When changing to a different gear the motor tends to really reduce the power till i change out of gear to another then its ok, this happens only when motor is cold

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
I have change the controller still the same have also changed the screen and torque unit, the only thing I have not changed is the motor its self
I wouldn't waste any more time / money in trying to "fix by substitution".
From experience the TSDZ is a PoS, much better options are available be it a BBS01/02 or rear hub!

Advertisers