Tuning

Urge

Just Joined
Jul 31, 2016
UK
Hi Guys.

new to this site,

Am ok to post a link to a dongle I am looking to buy for tuning a Bosch Cx drive motor on this site in this Tec section

Reactions: LeighPing

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Welcome.

It's ok for general information better in off road unrestricted section.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Sorry it's Speed Pedelec/ SClass section

Anything that powers above 16 mph is illegal and should not be used where the public have access.

I think it mostly wastes battery and is bad form. I wish the limit was higher but that's the law.
So boringly I'm against it.
Going illegal could cost you a lot. If there was an accident then unlicensed uninsured motorbike, etc.
It also could raise negative publicity for us all. Psycho electric bikers kill grannies on footpath stuff.
If you want to do 30 mph get a moped.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ and oldtom

Urge

Just Joined
Jul 31, 2016
UK
Sorry it's Speed Pedelec/ SClass section

Anything that powers above 16 mph is illegal and should not be used where the public have access.

I think it mostly wastes battery and is bad form. I wish the limit was higher but that's the law.
So boringly I'm against it.
Going illegal could cost you a lot. If there was an accident then unlicensed uninsured motorbike, etc.
It also could raise negative publicity for us all. Psycho electric bikers kill grannies on footpath stuff.
If you want to do 30 mph get a moped.

The kit I was looking at has the ability to be turned on and off, so when riding on the road, you turn it off etc.

but this topic is a little silly as I can ride faster than 15mph with my standerd Ebike, only its the electric assist is in active, But I can still kill poor granny on a footpath just under my own power

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I hit 40 regularly( steep hills) and cruse at near 20 on the flat as my bike is very good. The law is an ass but it's the law. It stops 15 yearolds doing silly things. It lets you register an electric motorcycle if you wish. And allows the older to keep up with others on normal bikes.
You know the limits be careful it's your choice.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
The point is it's illegal. That can hurt you the rider in lack of insurance etc.
And if someone else is hurt then the potential negative publicity can affect us all due to tightened regulation.

The warning is be careful and reconsider. It's legally a bike with riding on pavement privileges.

• Informative

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
The point is it's illegal. That can hurt you the rider in lack of insurance etc.
And if someone else is hurt then the potential negative publicity can affect us all due to tightened regulation.

The warning is be careful and reconsider. It's legally a bike with riding on pavement privileges.
Is it legal to ride on the pavement? I didn't think it was.
Regards Mark

Advertisers