Tyre time again

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I figured that I had best get my backside into gear and get the Macina Race onto a tubeless set up. I've ordered up a set of Hutchinson Toro Enduro Tubeless Ready Hardskin RR Folding Tyres http://www.hutchinsontires.com/en/mtb/8-toro.html to replace the OE Schwalbe Rocket Rons. If the Toros stick to the ground as well as the DZO's but without the drag, then they are going to be one superb set of tyres.

Unfortunately I jumped the gun a bit and fitted the front tape before the tyres have arrived, so had to fit the front Rocket Ron back on. Given how poor that they are at being puncture resistant, I just used the Caffe Latex to make them tubeless.
The WTB Vigilante tyres and Hutchinson DZO tyres as fitted to the Lycan, inflated will complete ease, but not the Rocket Ron. It was a real bastid even with the track pump, and after about five minutes of pumping, I came to my senses and hunted around to see what I could find, in order to use the compressor.
It didn't take many seconds to find something, rig it and inflate the tyre with a lovely pop, first time. Must remember that next time.

Nice and easy method of installing the rim tape.

What every self respecting tubeless set up rider should own. :)

Lovely Hutchinson Toro Enduro Tubeless Ready Hardskin RR

Reactions: LeighPing

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
Forgive my ignorance Eddie... but what is that brass looking thing on the end of the Presta valve?

I use a 'ghetto compressor' when setting up tubeless tyres for the first time and it's suprisingly effective. Track pumps with a separate compressor air chamber have recently been released but they're a tad spenny.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I know! I know!

It's an adaptor... :rolleyes:

Related Articles

Advertisers