Under voltage lockout problem

Julian123

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2015
Hello, I have an electric ride on mower, but thought this be the best place for help as I think the controller is similar to those on electric bikes. The under voltage light has come on and so it will not work, does anyone have any advice on how to diagnose the fault? The controller has 15 wires wires comming out of it, is rated at 36v 60A . It's has a brush motor. I don't have a wiring diagram and the mower is unbranded, of Chinese manufacture and no longer made. The battery indicator lights shows fully charged and I've checked the voltage with a meter, not sure what else to do!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The battery may be shot if you are getting an under voltage warning, although it may read ok as soon as a load is applied the cells may be sagging badly.
You don't give much detail.
Charged V reading and battery chemistry/type.

Julian123

May 10, 2015
Hi Thanks for your reply, The charged reading is 39 volts and the battery is a sealed lead acid type, 3 x 12v batteries in series. The under voltage light is on, as soon as I turn on the ignition key and before I try the motor, which is locked out so won't even try to start. The cutter motors are still working fine as they have a different circuit, so I don't think it's the battery, only the drive motor doesn't work, it was all working fine then just suddenly stopped. Hope this helps!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Try a reading individually on each battery.

Julian123

May 10, 2015
Hi, I checked the batteries and they were alright, but found a loose connection on the sensor going to the handbrake and it's working again! Thanks for your replies.

Advertisers