Upgrade from lead acid to lithium battery on a Tiny Dillenger Cheetah

Portuguy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2016
After 3 years id like to fit a Panasonic lithium battery 24 volt to my Cheetah but the four pin system connection might not be compatible . Has anyone done this or got advice? . I see a Panasonic 24 volt battery 10 ah.on Amazon made for downtube but for a specific Greencell e bike .It looks compatible at first glance but the 4 pin connections might be slight;y different in position and polarity .My lead acid kit consists of 2 x12 volt batteries for the 250 watt motor In a case .Any tips welcome .
Thanks Portuguy

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Portuguy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2016
Thanks .Theres plenty on the market .I need a compatible connecting system or modification tip .

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they can make a custom pack just for ur bike and pick the cells you want and have warranty.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Your present battery comprises a case and a couple of standard 12V SLA batteries. If you have the competence, you can open the case, chuck the SLAs and wire in a standard 24v lithium pack, which means soldering 4 wires and packing the space with polystyrene or similar. You can find loads of 24 lithium packs on Aliexpress. You just need to check that the size will fit in your case, and it would be wise to choose one that can deliver 20 amps or more.

If you can't do that, ring up Jimmy in the link above. He will arrange to collect your battery, recell it with lithium cells and send it back to you for about £200, depending on which cells you choose and how much capacity you want. £200 will get you four times the range at half the weight of the previous one.

Advertisers