Help! Upstart momentum electric controller fried?

ElQko

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 6, 2020
Hello everyone, i bought that used bike from a guy a month ago and it worked really fine i just noticed that the battery life went down after 2 years of use of previous owner but still managed to reach 50km, the thing is that some days ago y forgot my bike outside and that day rained and when i remembered i putted inside, next day I used for work i have to commute 24km round trip from work daily and it was working a little bit strange, I was just rolling the pedals without making force con the chain and it seems that the torque sensor detects force and activates the motor, and with time getting worse, today the bike was just crazy, at the moment i turned it on or touch a little bit the pedal, the motor starts running at full speed and locked into full throttle and the only way i had to brake, was turning off the bike and turn on again, i think that i fried the controller or maybe i just broke the torque sensor, i cracked it open and water came out splashing the floor, i could barely see the model of the controller but there are some digits left that i cant find its the Santroll controller model wzkd 3615ka and some digits more, what could happen, what can i do, if i have to change the controller i can put any controller or that specific one, and whats the full name model of it? Thank you, i hope someone can help me with this

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The rain has probably got in the electric's and is likely shorting out a circuit somewhere causing continual power supply.
I would start with the throttle disconnect it and see if the bike works properly, if so the fault is water ingress to the throttle.

ElQko

Oct 6, 2020
The rain has probably got in the electric's and is likely shorting out a circuit somewhere causing continual power supply.
I would start with the throttle disconnect it and see if the bike works properly, if so the fault is water ingress to the throttle.
I cracked open the controller and its sealed with epoxy like something, it doesnt have throttle, its just pedal assist, it has a torque sensor, the firm calls it AutorQ, i turned on the bike and make it run and like the other day it locks up on full throttle and when i disconnect the torque sensor it stops the power, so i think the torque sensor its screwed, its inside the pedal bearings, so what would you recommend to do, because from where i think, disarming the pedals is a pain in the ass and i dont think i could find another torque sensor anywhere or how to repair it

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello everyone,
the motor starts running at full speed and locked into full throttle and the only way i had to brake, was turning off the bike and turn on again, i
You said this above so I thought you had a throttle, should have termed it a little different to avoid confusion.

ElQko

Oct 6, 2020
You said this above so I thought you had a throttle, should have termed it a little different to avoid confusion.
My mother tongue isnt english sorry for that, i said full throttle like reffering that locks itself into full speed of the motor, like the sensor is sending signal of full force on pedals or not working at all, tomorrow ill send pics because i had to use it today so i mounted all again, the thing is, if its the controller maybe i can replace it woth the exact model(problem is that i cant see full digits on model) or maybe another brand will be okay, because if its the torque sensor maybe i will have to buy a throttle i dont know, tomorrow i will crack it open again and send pics

ElQko

Oct 6, 2020
Well, sorry for the time, i was above my head with work theese days, for no apparent reason, it works fine now, i cracked open the crontroller to send you pictures and a video for you to see what i was talking about and it didnt locked, so i mounted again and tried on my street and it seems that it healed itself and works just fine, the only concern i had, was the battery, i already send emails and messages to the bike company but it seems there is no one there, i wanted to know where i can get a replacement or a way to bring back the battery to golden days, it was used for 2 and a half years daily to now before me and is noticeable that has lost some power and autonomy, it can go up to 50km with lowest assist when it should go up to 90 in that level, i will attatch pictures of the controller anyways if you can find a replacement for it if it fails again, thank you very much and sorry for the delay, have a good one! IMG_20201016_164953.jpgIMG_20201016_164925.jpgIMG_20201016_164921.jpgIMG_20201016_164846.jpgIMG_20201016_164837.jpg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's a bespoke controller that you can only get from Momentum. If it ever dies, you'll probably have to replace it with a normal controller and use a normal PAS and LCD.

Advertisers