User Titles / Reputation / Post Ratings

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
After the initial comments in the thread http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/charging-post/294-where-queen-ant.html

User titles

it seems forum members would like to see some alternatives to the rather boring Junior Member, Senior Member user titles we currently have by default.

User Titles are based on the number of posts you have made. There are thresholds which we can define that tip you over into the next layer.

User/Post Reputation

Another suggestion from Paul (Allotmenteer) was the ability to award points to a post. We do have a feature on the forum for User Reputation but this has proved problematic for some other forums with members using it as a tool against each other.

Another modification I have seen which I think is much better is the addition of a "Thanks" button underneath the post.

Finally, don't forget there is already a feature in place called 'Rate Thread'. This allows you to assign a star rating to a thread which is shown in the main thread view.

Views/thoughts welcome!

cheers
Russ
Russell Scott
Pedelecs UK
Hi
Please PLEASE leave it alone,
"in the bowles of Christ I beg you to depart"
I believe Cromwell used these words, (back a bit to disolve parliament)( I know I am to be corrected)
THATS my pointthis forum is glorious, you have Seniors, members , newbies, all up at the front line. we are (presumibly) thinking enquireing literate (apart from spelling) people with a bit of a passion for biking (e-)
read the forums, think, decide....for YOURSELF..all the titles berstowed will only denigrate the knowledge base
As e-biking becomes more important in these times, keep the forum clean....any one deserving of info has only to look at the post of Flecc...Hard Knowledge..Keit***
Popp* .
J H CHR*** I cant go into all the people who have given me such Pleasure, and Knowledge. all the forum people...
Of all the forums I suscribe to (although doddery I still have a few intrests) The pedelac forum connects with more real people with more real problems than most
(not sorry about the rant, look up 'av 'forum and 'home cinema' et such
PLEASE DON@T DUMB DOWN

Advertisers