Very dissatisfied customer!

pistolpete

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 5, 2018
durham
I went on aliexpress to buy a replacement battery for my wisper bike after asking where I could purchase a replacement for my bike, I selected a battery which in the add was black waited nearly 3 weeks for it to turn up only to find they had sent a silver one. I complained to the seller and they said there were two pictures of different batteries in the add ,so I disputed the claim and after getting the same stupid reply of not selecting the right colour, to which I couldnt see a select option, we couldn't agree , so aliexpress said they'd step in after 8 days if we couldn't agree a compromise, they would step in with a solution, bearing in mind I paid an extra 10 dollars buyer protection, there response was the buyer had to fecund me 26 pounds which I'm totally discusted with there offer. Id just like to inform members on this forum not to buy extra protection, as my friend rightly pointed out that I was already covered by PayPal. I only wish I'd complained to them at first and not relied on aliexpress for a dissission !

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i bet the seller is mortified at that refund lol but why cant you do a pay pal dispute as thats how you paid in the first place.

pistolpete

May 5, 2018
durham
My bike is all black, I wanted a case to match it ..the seller said I should adapt my bike to suite , bloody cheek!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
here are your choices:
1. take the compensation money, buy a spray can like wheeliepete says, do it yourself.
2. return the battery to the supplier.

2. is not practical nor economical, so do as wheeliepete says and put it down to experience.

Your case is unfortunately fairly common. There is no simple way to sort out small problems when you buy outside the EU, there is no consumer protection and no guarantee in the free trade zone, it's intended for professional traders..

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Come on guys, it's not Pedelecs if you solve the problem the easy way. I say spray the bike black :p

Seriously though, Woosh is right, don't even consider option #2

• :D
Reactions: EddiePJ

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Quite often on the items page on Aliex there are extra boxes on the RHS with varying options of colour, capacity & wattage etc,etc.
I suspect the op made an error and hadn't selected the appropriate item colour.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Swap the case's over.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Come on guys, it's not Pedelecs if you solve the problem the easy way. I say spray the bike black :p

Seriously though, Woosh is right, don't even consider option #2
:confused: It's already black Ford, he needs silver paint.

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't have a URL for said item David.
My reply was in general when using Aliex as often there are selection boxes other then the main one with item for sale.

Op needs to show us a link of the exact item/seller.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I went on aliexpress to buy a replacement battery for my wisper bike after asking where I could purchase a replacement for my bike, I selected a battery which in the add was black waited nearly 3 weeks for it to turn up only to find they had sent a silver one. I complained to the seller and they said there were two pictures of different batteries in the add ,so I disputed the claim and after getting the same stupid reply of not selecting the right colour, to which I couldnt see a select option, we couldn't agree , so aliexpress said they'd step in after 8 days if we couldn't agree a compromise, they would step in with a solution, bearing in mind I paid an extra 10 dollars buyer protection, there response was the buyer had to fecund me 26 pounds which I'm totally discusted with there offer. Id just like to inform members on this forum not to buy extra protection, as my friend rightly pointed out that I was already covered by PayPal. I only wish I'd complained to them at first and not relied on aliexpress for a dissission !
Item link.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Neal, I have been trawling through the 1000's of suppliers and so far cannot find one that will fit our bikes. The item Link would be fantastic.

pistolpete

May 5, 2018
durham
Iv applied for a refund through PayPal, not too chuffed with this aliexpress charging me 10 dollars extra buyer protection then siding on the side of the seller,

pistolpete

May 5, 2018
durham
I'm not going to spray it for the simple reason, in 6 months time itl look tatty as the battery they sent me has a brushed aluminium finish, which wouldn't go down to we'll either if I ever decided to sell it!

Advertisers