Viking 24 Ego.

Damian Stanley

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2017
Bolton
Hello and thank you in anticipation of help.
My father who is 66 uses his 24 Ego daily. He isn't one for technology and says it felt like it was getting slower the other week. The brake was stuck on and on the adjusted, was fine. However, I looked at the possibility of getting a replacement battery. It appears you push the key switch in and turn to UNLOCK. I can't seem to get it to turn, and he says it never has. Today, he cycled into work with no assistance. The battery is showing full on the back and when you turn the ignition, the display is showing correctly. Has anyone any suggestions? I've seen Winstanleys in Wigan mentioned and I rang them earlier. They said they didn't do this model. Could it be battery? Ecu? I've cleaned the connection on the front hub plug to the main wiring harness, but it wasn't dirty anyway.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Sorry, I failed to mention he said yesterday on his way into work, the power assistance didn't work until he'd done about a mile.
Look it was working so the problem is fixable. I suspect that in your attempts to open the lock it is now making intermittent contact. I don't know your model but typically the battery lock both mechanically locks the battery in place to prevent theft and is also an electric switch to control power . Does the switch not have three positions unlock ... To allow battery removal, off and on .

D

Deleted member 4366

Those batteries are quite difficult to slide off. First, you have to push and turn the key to the unlock position, Then , you need to bash the front of the battery with the heel of your hand. it helps to have someone catch the battery when it finally goes.

Which display do you have that's showing correctly?

Do you have a throttle? If not, check that the pedal sensor's magnet disc is close to the actual sensor. If the chain ever came off, it could have knocked them apart.

You can access all the connectors by removing the two scres in one side of the compartment under the battery and all the small screws around it's periphery. Unplug the brake connectors to see if that fixes it. You have to follow the wires from the brake to see which ones they are, but they're probably the only 2-wire ones.

Damian Stanley

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2017
Bolton
I wasn't aware that there was a pedal sensor. Once I was, I saw that there were broken wires. Replaced it, with a new one from Parkers, and away he goes. Thank you for your help.

Advertisers