Volt Pulse cut out overheating?

Putty

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 5, 2016
Paignton
Hi bit new to this

Had my Pulse for a few months and only ridden a few times, up to about 10 miles.

Went out today for about 12.5 and near home the LCD display went off and assisted power cut.

3/5 of battery left so not that.

Pulled over turned on again and same thing happened. Literally 20 yds from home so no biggy.

I thought it may be a safety or over heating cut out as I used max assist for quite a way as it's hilly here and I'm overweight.

I let it cool down then went for a few spins round the block for about 2 km and everything was absolutely fine.

Just wondering if someone can confirm my suspicions that it was probably getting a bit hot for safety reasons cut out I'm assuming this ; i think it's probably right but I'll be appreciate some feedback from someone who knows thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

If the LCD goes off, it's a problem upstream of the controller because the LCD takes its power straight from the battery.

It could be because the battery battery (BMS) got too warm. I have seen other batteries do that. It could be a connector problem, but that would probably cut on a bump. It could also be a combination of the two, like a bad connection or bad solder joint is getting hot and letting go.

Reactions: Putty

Putty

Nov 5, 2016
Paignton
If the LCD goes off, it's a problem upstream of the controller because the LCD takes its power straight from the battery.

It could be because the battery battery (BMS) got too warm. I have seen other batteries do that. It could be a connector problem, but that would probably cut on a bump. It could also be a combination of the two, like a bad connection or bad solder joint is getting hot and letting go.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check your points.

Your a gent [emoji1]

Putty

Nov 5, 2016
Paignton
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check your points.

Your a gent [emoji1]

Just checked connections and seem ok best I can tell.

Thought I'd check the battery connections and realised I had not locked them in so hoping a small gap may have caused it. Though gravity holds it down nicely.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Just checked connections and seem ok best I can tell.

Thought I'd check the battery connections and realised I had not locked them in so hoping a small gap may have caused it. Though gravity holds it down nicely.

Always worth using some contact cleaner on a cotton bud to clean any battery terminals, every now and then. They can look clean, but even the smallest amount of surface oxidation will cause high resistance at the point of contact.

Reactions: Putty

Advertisers