weld on frame at rear between the chain both sides ?

Oxymoron

Pedelecer
Sep 5, 2017
Oxford
I have a new 905 torque for a few days and I noticed that there are welds on frame both sides between the chain.
I have looked at a lot of other bikes since then and can't see any that have this weld.
I just keep thinking that it's in a place where a pothole or a hard knock to the frame could cause it to fracture.
can anyone tell me if this is normal?
I don't remember seeing it on the previous 905 which I had swapped out and upgraded to the 2107 version.

IMG-1205.JPG

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Very odd looks like QC found a crack on the frame in the factory and decided to weld it up and ship it out instead of scrapping the frame.

Sent from my MTK8382 using Tapatalk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
David keeps an eye on any Wisper issues/queries so pretty sure he will respond later on.

D

Deleted member 4366

That's nothing to worry about. There's welds all round the drop-outs, but they don't break.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Oxymoron,

On our older bikes the chain stay formed a part of the drop out so any welding was at the very back of the frame. On our more modern (and expensive) frames the whole rear drop-out is moulded, machined and welded into place, that's what you are seeing. This is a much stronger solution and allows us to mould a cavity to take the motor connection to keep it out of harm's way.

IMG_5217.JPG IMG_5212.JPG IMG_5213.JPG IMG_5214.JPG

If it was only welded at the top I would have been worried.

All the best,

David

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers