What are the major factors that persuaded you to get an electric bike?

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
So the usual comment about cheating etc, is actually the opposite.
Same for me. I refuse to drive to work because it takes 20 minutes longer and a lot of stress trying to find a parking spot and 4 years ago my osteoporosis got worse. I've been told I will have to have two new knees and cycling got harder. I bought my first eBike and never looked back. I don't use any assistance for the vast majority of my commute but the knowledge that I can get a push drives me on. The wind was so bad on Friday that I would have got off like everybody else but the bike helped me through it.
Only yesterday I had some knob telling me I was cheating riding an eBike so I told them they were cheating for driving a car to work. It's just another form of commuting transport.
About a month ago a colleague was amazed I was keeping up with him along a 30 mph road and then realised I was 'cheating' until I explained my motor cuts out at 15 mph.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I got one for several reasons:
1) I really don't like driving
2) Environmental reasons
3) I enjoy cycling
4) Allied to 3), I can take many different routes to work, some of which are very picturesque bridleways taking in a castle and sheep pastures.

I choose not to pay the parking fees at work and if I drive I park on the streets. That means my journey in the car is only 5-10 minutes quicker on a good driving day. Depending on my shift, it can actually take longer. I can put the bike under cover at work, so no thievery issues to concern me. I even enjoyed the -5.5C trip in January in a masochistic sort of way.

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
I’m fat, old, not very fit and wanted an introduction to excesize that I might enjoy. Mission accomplished, I might change my opinion during the winter.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
For me it was purely about getting more miles in for my allotted time on evening bike rides
I live in a very hilly area
All in all it worked
All thou I still use my analogue bike a lot too :)

Reactions: LeighPing

Advertisers