What do you do to prevent theft of your e-bikes/battery?

What do you do to prevent theft of your e-bikes/battery?

• Lock (never mind the kind)

Votes: 55 65.5%
  • Alarm system

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • GPS tracking

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I take the battery with me

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • I take bikes with me

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.5%

• Total voters

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I have a cross beam in garage from which my bikes are hung by saddles. . In relevant place I have drilled 2 holes per bike into which I put a Kryptonite bike lock. The tangs point down, and align with top tube of each bike. (one either side) The locking part of "lock" simply joins the tangs preventing removal of bike. The tangs and lock are also shrouded in unistrut. (which is held in place by tie wraps until locked, at which point the 3 pieces of unistrut are also locked into place)
You couldn't get bolt croppers on any part of lock and to angle grind would mean cutting through unistrut first and then the lock. I have deliberately left unistrut rattly/loose so any attempt at angle grinding would mean holding lock and unistrut firmly. (ever tried angle grinding a piece of metal held loosely?)
I then thread high security heavy square chain through all bikes with the lock (gold standard) hidden somewhere between them.
My worry isn't getting them nicked, it really would take some doing getting through locks, chains and unistrut, it's losing the keys.

Last edited:

Advertisers