What do you do to prevent theft of your e-bikes/battery?

What do you do to prevent theft of your e-bikes/battery?

• Lock (never mind the kind)

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • Alarm system

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • GPS tracking

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I take the battery with me

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I take bikes with me

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

Coffee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 19, 2018
Just think would you leave the cash value of your bike poorly protected :(
try and buy the highest rated lock you can afford
two separate locks are better than an all in one
one d lock and one chain with a separate padlock will take longer to cut through
Thanks Peter, thats sharp thinking, ;)
I will keep this in mind when shopping.

Dave.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Bike at station rhododendron 009.JPG
This Haibike has been left regularly by a commuter at a station in Surrey I use for over a year without mishap, although I would not do it myself!

Mehmet Comek

Sep 8, 2018
Bristol
I am planning to buy my first e-bike for commutes soon and this is one of my biggest worries. Theft is always an issue and spare parts aren't really cheap. I am planning to use multiple locks to protect the battery and the e-bike itself but I think I will also buy an e-bike GPS tracking system.
If not removed or detected, at least it gives you the chance to get your bike back or even stop a theft attempt given there are a lot of alerts and notifications.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Good locks and always take battery with you would be my advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mehmet Comek

Sep 8, 2018
Bristol
Thanks for the advice, I guess that will be the smart thing to do.
I am just very forgetful sometimes and I am worried that I will forget to take the battery with from time to time. Having children and a busy work is really distracting.

Jul 27, 2016
South Yorkshire; S11
I am planning to buy my first e-bike for commutes soon and this is one of my biggest worries. Theft is always an issue and spare parts aren't really cheap. I am planning to use multiple locks to protect the battery and the e-bike itself but I think I will also buy an e-bike GPS tracking system.
If not removed or detected, at least it gives you the chance to get your bike back or even stop a theft attempt given there are a lot of alerts and notifications.
Have you found a tracker that you like??

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Thanks for the advice, I guess that will be the smart thing to do.
I am just very forgetful sometimes and I am worried that I will forget to take the battery with from time to time. Having children and a busy work is really distracting.
I hear that - I have four ages 8 and under!

A guy lost he bike near me with 7 locks on. Expensive haibike too. I couldn't believe it , 7 locks !!

Except they were all from poundland.....

Honesty one or two proper good locks are you done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mehmet Comek

Sep 8, 2018
Bristol
Have you found a tracker that you like??
I have actually, I know a reliable company that my friends and family use for their cars and they just added an e-bike tracking package for a really good price. https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/electric-e-bike-scooter-gps-tracking
This is the package I am talking about and it pretty much covers everything so I won't have to deal with the details.

A guy lost he bike near me with 7 locks on. Expensive haibike too. I couldn't believe it , 7 locks !!
That is hilarious :D I totally see myself doing it too. Hopefully, I will be more responsible once I buy my bike because they cost a lot of money!

Advertisers