what type of multimeter?

opaz

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2009
Hi,

to test what I think is a
24V Li-Ion - 9Ah

battery on a wisper se (which no longer goes, but the battery appears to charge and the light goes on)

Thanks in advance!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any multi meter will work get one with the continuity beep feature for wire testing.
Only problem I find are the probes wiring usually detaches so you have to bodge a repair to resolder the wire, I have had the probes wires fail at both ends of the probe.
The wire twists on the top entry so use some hot melt glue to try and prevent this or super glue.

Anthony-EJ

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 10, 2018
Witney - Oxfordshire
To be honest - I bought the one from screwfix because I needed a meter on a Sunday quick, and there is a branch just down the road. It did the job, I needed to test my bikes battery as well. It did the job, but was fiddly to get working. I wouldn't spend a fortune. Maybe take a look at Amazon, set a limit of 10-15 quid and check the reviews to pick a moderately good one. Unless you live near Witney Oxon, then I'm more than happy to lend you mine :)

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Search for uni-t on eBay
Really good meters I’ve got 2
1 meter and 1 amp clamp and use them daily with no issues

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
fluke are the best and so is the price:eek:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have a Hobbyking one that cost about 5€ and which works just fine. I got a set of wires with different probes etc for a couple of € from aliexpress. I do have to change the battery in the multimeter because it has become weak after a couple of years.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
That is not bad for a basic meter for volts and ohms and buzzer and it has a bump case
I to use fluke meter but its a work tool but its overkill for most bike needs

Advertisers