When to change tyres

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
Hello all. I would appreciate any thoughts/comments on the state of wear of my current kenda tyres. These have now covered 3200 miles mainly on road with occasional dirt/gravel paths. Do you think these are these getting close to requiring replacement?

Is there any general rule of thumb when they need replacing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
What state are the walls in, that might be the more critical issue?
The tread is hardly worn, even the centre flashing is not worn off, so IMO it is good to go.

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
What state are the walls in, that might be the more critical issue?
The tread is hardly worn, even the centre flashing is not worn off, so IMO it is good to go.
Walls are fine. They are only 18 months old

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jwm

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2014
Hampshire
I wouldn't worry about them, looks like there is loads of life left. I find once the centre tread has worn away, I then start getting punctures, after a couple I replace them. I use Big apple plusses, they tend to get to a stage where the glass starts to work it's way through the additional rubber strip on the inside. Unless you nip a sidewall and you always keep any tyre at a reasonable pressure they shouldn't be an issue. Indeed Conti's I find look terrible with the sidewalls cracking after a couple of months, but this doesn't seem to weaken them again you can ride them untill the orange inner rubber becomes exposed.

John

Advertisers