Where can I buy a decent battery from?

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
I was going to buy from Eclipse Bikes but trying to get an email reply is non existent and not having a phone number to contact is dodgy.
Somebody suggested EM3EV which looked great but then a whopping delivery charge.
In another thread somebody did link to a Chinese firm that deal out of a German warehouse but is it safe?

I'm after a 36v 15Ah (or bigger) Dolphin/Shark battery.

Suggestions much appreciated.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Elifeshop, YSBattery, Enerpower on ebay all from Germany are all proper sellers.
Elifebike aka PSWPower use a Czech warehouse.

Getting hold of specific celled batteries seems to be an issue of supply at the mo, probably not helped by the up take in e cars cells needed. Lot s of lesser 5a cells appearing, though 10a PF seem to be the flavour at the mo.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
Eclipse have emailed me to say no 36v 30q packs until end of March , just as an fyi

I ended up buying a Panasonic pf pack

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
Eclipse have emailed me to say no 36v 30q packs until end of March , just as an fyi

I ended up buying a Panasonic pf pack
I still haven't had a reply.

Which battery because everything says out of stock?

Anyway I think I'm going with Elifeshop for a 36v 17ah with extra battery 'slider' as they call it.
I might as well go with them because at least they are in Germany where Eclipse are on Mars and un-contactable.

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
I still haven't had a reply.

Which battery because everything says out of stock?

Anyway I think I'm going with Elifeshop for a 36v 17ah with extra battery 'slider' as they call it.
I might as well go with them because at least they are in Germany where Eclipse are on Mars and un-contactable.
Ahh, sorry my vpost wasn't clear. I ended up purchasing elsewhere via eBay, a hl 11.6ah pack using Panasonic pf cells at a decent price. Bit of a gamble as sold by someone whose bike was pinched before they used the battery. Seems to function perfectly. Actually it made me fully realise how the performance of my bike had suffered with the knackered battery. Whole thing seems much zippier/ torquey without the voltage sag I had become accustomed to.

I will also invest in a 30q battery but probably towards the end of the summer(funds permitting). I'd like more range ideally

Advertisers