Whisper 705T 2020 model Brakes Again!

nrj101

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 12, 2021
HI All
Can anyone help with some brake information. I am trying to identify the brakes that are installed on my ebike as the pads require changing.
The manual telling me that they are simply Whisper Brakes which is no help help with commercial catalogues. The nearest I can find is Avid Elixir DB which seem to be identical to the removed pads but it would be nice to know the manufacturer of the brakes to ensure the correct fit? Also can anyone tell me what brake fluid to use, there nothing in the manual I can find? I have DOT 4 installed at moment (flushed just in case!!) but would like to know the design spec?
Just for info the brakes (disks and pads) where replaced under warranty due to being noisy and ineffective, back brake still squeals!
Thanks

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
HI All
Can anyone help with some brake information. I am trying to identify the brakes that are installed on my ebike as the pads require changing.
The manual telling me that they are simply Whisper Brakes which is no help help with commercial catalogues. The nearest I can find is Avid Elixir DB which seem to be identical to the removed pads but it would be nice to know the manufacturer of the brakes to ensure the correct fit? Also can anyone tell me what brake fluid to use, there nothing in the manual I can find? I have DOT 4 installed at moment (flushed just in case!!) but would like to know the design spec?
Just for info the brakes (disks and pads) where replaced under warranty due to being noisy and ineffective, back brake still squeals!
Thanks
May I suggest you contact Wisper support? They will assist you. support@wisperbikes.com

All the best, David

nrj101

Sep 12, 2021
May I suggest you contact Wisper support? They will assist you. support@wisperbikes.com

All the best, David
Thanks David
I did get get in contact with Wisper to discover that the recommended oil is Mineral (none branded), it so disappointing that this information was not in the owners manual. Looking on the Wisper Shop web page I can see that there are a number of pads available but nothing to indicate which item is suitable for my machine, I guess this "custom manufacture" does capture the sales and stops customers going else where for support.
Thanks
Neil

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Neil,

Please feel free to buy parts wherever you would like to. We give images on our website and will give free advice from our support team by email or phone. All a part of the service.

All the best, David

nrj101

Sep 12, 2021
Hi Neil,

Please feel free to buy parts wherever you would like to. We give images on our website and will give free advice from our support team by email or phone. All a part of the service.

All the best, David
Hi David

Did try via Whisper but didnt get very far. I think???? the rear brake unit is SKU: PWOST36009 Category: Brakes
(Nil stock item) but I still cant make out which pads fit my 705T 2020model. Wisper also offer SKU: PWX315101 Category: Brakes (shimano) but I can see that these wont fit as they are too big! From Wisper web page "shop" I can see Tetro, Alivio, Wayfarer and even "Wisper" pads but none of them appear to be what is installed by the manufacturer. Its just so uncertain that I am looking to remove the Wisper parts and install branded components, good brake are just so important

nrj101

Sep 12, 2021
HI All
Thanks
After looking all the place for the brake fluid information, I found a little decal as part of the dust cap between line and brake lever which has embossed "Mineral Oil" soooooooo!!! Dam and blast the brakes worked so well with DOT4, much better than with cheap and nasty mineral but now I will need to change the seals and install Mineral Oil, any recommendations for good stuff would be much appreciated, m y concern here is that there is no control of standard for Mineral oil and to my mind it has no place in a braking system, but that's another story. Wisper use Mineral Oil in the 705T 2020 Model

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: nrj101

nrj101

Sep 12, 2021
OK so decided now to replace the Wisper branded brakes, but none available not even Wisper can help!!
So stuck trying to identify the OEM of the Wisper brand system, I think the basic problem is that fluid is by-passing in the pump unit of the lever. I was expecting pressure seals but have found "O" rings, the piston bore is approx 3/8", so the question is can anyone recognize the lever assy or has any idea where I can buy and select the "O" rings. A photo of the stripped down parts attached. Perhaps David of Wisper could provide just a little steerage?

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Tektro brand probably.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
OK so decided now to replace the Wisper branded brakes, but none available not even Wisper can help!!
So stuck trying to identify the OEM of the Wisper brand system, I think the basic problem is that fluid is by-passing in the pump unit of the lever. I was expecting pressure seals but have found "O" rings, the piston bore is approx 3/8", so the question is can anyone recognize the lever assy or has any idea where I can buy and select the "O" rings. A photo of the stripped down parts attached. Perhaps David of Wisper could provide just a little steerage?
Please email Adrian directly Adrian@wisperbikes.com

All the best, David

Advertisers