Whisper 905se Cutting out

Fat Elvis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 8, 2008
I have a weird problem on my 905se brought last August

I use it for a 8 mile rround trip to work. charge it every night. Use it mostly as a pedelec mode allthough i do have the derestictor on all the time

If I have not used it for a few weeks it is fine. loads of power all the way home and back. After 5 or 6 days use charging it every night It will start cutting out on the way back home at night battery is at worst on amber, Swith it off and back on again and it will go for a few seconds then cut again. This will get progressively worse each day (I charge it each night) then if i get fed up and use the motorbike for a few weeks it will be fine again.

Apart from this and the terrble brakes the bike is fantastic

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
I have a weird problem on my 905se brought last August

I use it for a 8 mile rround trip to work. charge it every night. Use it mostly as a pedelec mode allthough i do have the derestictor on all the time

If I have not used it for a few weeks it is fine. loads of power all the way home and back. After 5 or 6 days use charging it every night It will start cutting out on the way back home at night battery is at worst on amber, Swith it off and back on again and it will go for a few seconds then cut again. This will get progressively worse each day (I charge it each night) then if i get fed up and use the motorbike for a few weeks it will be fine again.

Apart from this and the terrble brakes the bike is fantastic

It does sound like the battery I'm afraid. Best give David at Wisper a PM.

Fat Elvis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 8, 2008
Hi Elvis,

It does sound as if you have a battery problem, If the problem persists please email Norman at Service@wisperbikes.com and he will sort you out. Where are you based?

Best regards David
Hi,

I am based near Oxford, It's been going on for a few months now. I used to be able to go three or for days without charging it but no it is charged everyday.

I will drop a line to the email above, Cheers for your help

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
Hi,

I am based near Oxford, It's been going on for a few months now. I used to be able to go three or for days without charging it but no it is charged everyday.

I will drop a line to the email above, Cheers for your help
Ahhhhh there's your problem, 3 or 4 days without charging?!? These batteries don't like being run to flat. It's best to charge little and often. Too late for your old battery, but for your new one charge it after every journey if you can. At least try not to run it to flat!

Advertisers