Whoosh battery

roadstar

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

my (out of Warranty) Whoosh Sirocco, battery appears to be failing. I charged it and it went a mile up the road and the bike switched itself off. I pulled the battery and checked the level by the button on the battery and it had dropped from 3 led lights to 1. It's been increasingly dropping the number of miles before it cuts out. The bikes been stored for a while and I guess some of the cells are dead. This may be a dumb question but I want to dismantle it and replace the bad cells - the battery I believe is a li -ion one and you can buy the indvidual cells on ebay (16850?). I just need to know if this is the way to do it and what specs the cells need to have.

Regards

D

Deleted member 4366

If you're lucky, you don't need to buy new cells. Step one would be to remove the cell-pack from the case, uncover the BMS and measure the individual cell voltages.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
The cells in those batteries are 2500mAH 16650 pouch cells.
it may be easier to send the battery to Woosh for repair.

Last edited:

roadstar

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

just to say thanks and an update.

I dismantled the battery from its housing and discovered that the negative wire had broken off of the internal connection. so the battery would never recharge when it was plugged into the charger. Unfortunately I'm color blind so have real difficulty seeing red and green.

The battery pack has some movement in its case and I think over time the negative wire which was attached to a washer was bent back and forth and the connection broke.

It's on charge now

Advertisers