Wiring problem.

Farmerjim

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 18, 2017
Rugby
Hi, I've got an intermittent fault with my 905.
The main wire to the moulded block in front of the handlebars has become loose. This is the wire from the control box which goes through the frame into a Y shaped block which in turn goes to the brakes, hand throttle and on/off, lights etc controller. I've used a hot glue gun to fix it temporarily but even the slightest movement will sometimes cause a complete power-down and it takes a lot of jiggling around to get it to power up again.
Has anyone got experience with opening up the moulded block to re-solder the wonky joint?
Thanks for listening.
Jim

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Jim, I am trying to work out how old your bike is, is the box a large junction box or a small moulded sealed connection? Either way we can help you with a spare part. Please give us a call. 01732 762393

All the best, David

Farmerjim

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 18, 2017
Rugby
Hi Jim, I am trying to work out how old your bike is, is the box a large junction box or a small moulded sealed connection? Either way we can help you with a spare part. Please give us a call. 01732 762393

All the best, David
Thanks for the swift reply David, it's an old model with the moulded sealed connection. I'll try and ring tomorrow,thanks.

Advertisers