Wispa Bike will no longer power up

oregon

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2008
Palmers Green, London
Inside the controller compartment, the battery wires (red and black) come from the roof of the compartment to two bullet connectors, then they carry on to the controller. Depending on what type of bullet connectors, you can sometimes get your probes inside the protective sleeves, while they remain connected. On others, you can sometimes get the probes in the back where the wire goes in, but then you need a second person to hold them while you switch on the bike.

If you can't get your probes in there, the only other place is on the connector to your control panel. It's normally a flat black 4 or 5 way connector. You can hook out any hot melt glue in the back, which will give you enough room to get your probes in. You need to probe the voltage between the red and black wires on that connector while you switch on.
Hi, I managed to get the probes into the back of the conenctors. The reading was 40v. Switching the panel on and off made no difference. The meter stayed at 40v. The control didnt even flash. It usually doesnt flash. only occasionally I noticed a flash but just now it wasn't. Everything just seems dead.

What do you think is the problem?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That means that the control panel is faulty. Can you show a photo of the control panel connector so that I can guide you how to make sure that the rest of the electrical systems are OK with one more simple test? I need to see the colour of the wires.

You're doing very well, and you're very close to get your bike going again without having to spend anything. i told you it was simple. Hopefully, you're learning something too.

oregon

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2008
Palmers Green, London
That means that the control panel is faulty. Can you show a photo of the control panel connector so that I can guide you how to make sure that the rest of the electrical systems are OK with one more simple test? I need to see the colour of the wires.
I will take a photo. Does that mean that there are 2 problems? The 3 blown MOSFSET and the control panel?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you measured correctly, you have two problems, but it's encouraging that the voltage didn't drop when you switched on. The next test will determine what is wrong.

oregon

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2008
Palmers Green, London
I have my booked into for repair the second week in July by Wisper dealers that I bought it from originally.

I hope the repair bill wont be so high that it would be better to just buy a new bike...

Advertisers