Wisper Wisper 705 2021- handlebar grips

breadpud

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 12, 2022
Hello,

just got my 705 delivered and set it up. These ergonomic type handlebar grips. Can they be removed and replaced with ordinary grips. I get sore pins and needles from previous experiences with these grips.

Also. I checked the manual. I see no instructions on how to adjust the disc brakes. I could do with a bit more bite on the rear wheel. Is it cable adjustment?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Grips are grips if they are std 22mm fitment then any style of grip will fit.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For braking get uses to applying a little moe front pressure along with the rear, frnot brake braking should be 60/40 or 70/30 bias as front has greater braking effect.

breadpud

Apr 12, 2022
Ah. Hang about. Back to the brakes again. Does this Wisper 705 2021 model, have hydraulic brakes? I can't figure it out from the manual, sorry. I'm confused because my last bike was ordinary disc brake and I turned an allen key knob to adjust the pads.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you can't see a wire cable end at the calliper then it will be hydraulic and not cable.
Hydraulic brakes have a small allen adjuster, access is usually at the side/rear of the levers cam action. This is handy if lever travel is too far, otherwise the pads are too low and simply need replacing.

Reactions: breadpud

breadpud

Apr 12, 2022
If you can't see a wire cable end at the calliper then it will be hydraulic and not cable.
Hydraulic brakes have a small allen adjuster, access is usually at the side/rear of the levers cam action. This is handy if lever travel is too far, otherwise the pads are too low and simply need replacing.
By 'eck, yes. Well, I didn't know I was getting those. Brill

breadpud

Apr 12, 2022
Hello again. I've done my first day commute on the Wisper to work today. It is quite an experience first time ebiking proper (though I've cycled to work for nearly 20 years). It turned out to get quite windy and the usual struggle uphill home, but the Wisper cut through it all no problem and very pleased that I got home 20 mins quicker than usual.

Back to these 705 grips though. I need to change them to ordinary round grips. Wisper reps, do these grips come off easily or are they fixed in?

papakilo

Just Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Oldham
Hello again. I've done my first day commute on the Wisper to work today. It is quite an experience first time ebiking proper (though I've cycled to work for nearly 20 years). It turned out to get quite windy and the usual struggle uphill home, but the Wisper cut through it all no problem and very pleased that I got home 20 mins quicker than usual.

Back to these 705 grips though. I need to change them to ordinary round grips. Wisper reps, do these grips come off easily or are they fixed in?
Grips can be changed easily, you just need to undo the bolts using Allen keys and pop a new set on, ive just fitted new ones today and it took all of 5 minutes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

They can be changed easily, any bike shop would be happy to do this.

All the best, David

Reactions: breadpud

Advertisers