Wisper 705 assistance levels

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I was curious about the 705 assistance levels. How do they work? is it a percentage of full power or a maximum speed within a level or both ? (Jan had hers on level 5 yesterday and it was flying along, I think she prefers it in level 3 and then adding throttle where needed.)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Typically yes , those sytems with 5 PAS levels or more use a % of current /power available with the top assist being maximum power and a kin to throttle full power.

As an example the KT current control system's I use have PAS1 13%, PAS2 20%, PAS3 33%, PAS4 50% & PAS5 100%.

How a brand like Wisper or Woosh program the % 's is down to them.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Good question Peter!

We have "0" off and then 5 levels evenly spaced 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100%, the first 4 can be over ridden to up to 100% via a twist grip or thumb throttle.

All the best, David

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

PaulM

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2017
Portsmouth
Good question Peter!

We have "0" off and then 5 levels evenly spaced 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100%, the first 4 can be over ridden to up to 100% via a twist grip or thumb throttle.

All the best, David
Good to know. It explains why I run out of charge doing a 47 mile commute on level 4. I'll try to stick to level 3 on the return leg.

PaulM

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2017
Portsmouth
Yes, my wife has the 700Wh , she can do around 65 miles on undulating roads in North Yorkshire on level 3 with her using the throttle on hills
I'm usually late for work, so level 4 in the morning!

List price of the 700Wh battery is now £850 so I won't be buying it on a whim.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I'm usually late for work, so level 4 in the morning!

List price of the 700Wh battery is now £850 so I won't be buying it on a whim.
That's gone up ! We got it from Winstanley's but it has gone up over £100 from earlier in the year - the best I could find was here but that's still £100 more

If you were very adventurous you could possibly buy a separate battery cheaper, but the controller is within the battery holder so it would need some messing about to connect it all up and need to check the battery dimensions and figure out some way of securing the battery.

Another possibility (although not as good) would be to get a 375Wh battery and cart it around with you !

Last edited:

graywok

Pedelecer
Dec 24, 2019
PO11
Typically yes , those sytems with 5 PAS levels or more use a % of current /power available with the top assist being maximum power and a kin to throttle full power.

As an example the KT current control system's I use have PAS1 13%, PAS2 20%, PAS3 33%, PAS4 50% & PAS5 100%.

How a brand like Wisper or Woosh program the % 's is down to them.

I have a Woosh RIO mtb with KD58C display that allows a variety of PAS levels. 0-5 , 0-7 , 0-9 etc Default is 0-5 however I have moved to 0-7 to give a more gentle transition between levels. All levels can be programmed as individual % so is fun experimenting. I tend to match the natural speed of each gear pedalling speed spot to align with the speed provided by the PAS level.

PaulM

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2017
Portsmouth
That's gone up ! We got it from Winstanley's but it has gone up over £100 from earlier in the year - the best I could find was here but that's still £100 more

If you were very adventurous you could possibly buy a separate battery cheaper, but the controller is within the battery holder so it would need some messing about to connect it all up and need to check the battery dimensions and figure out some way of securing the battery.

Another possibility (although not as good) would be to get a 375Wh battery and cart it around with you !
Or carry the charger and sneek the battery into the office, which is really theft of electricity! They could do with authorised charging stations - but that's a can of worms.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Or carry the charger and sneek the battery into the office, which is really theft of electricity! They could do with authorised charging stations - but that's a can of worms.
I'd have no qualms about that ! 1 Kwh is 27p - which is > 4 hours of a 2a charger - I probably use more electric boiling the kettle in the office

Advertisers