Wisper 905 standard speedometer seems wrong

Gergeyl

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Hi everyone

I have a wisper 905 standard. It is working fine but the speedometer seems to be out.
I have been comparing the the distance and speed on the bike to the 2 apps on my android phone.
There is a difference every time. Now I know the gps in the phones can be inaccurate, but the difference is the same every time.
The bike is %80.3-80.5 of what the apps measure.
That's been done with 2 different phones and many different routes.

How does the wisper measure the speed? The cankset had been changed and it is a 52teeth
I just really would like to know which one is the right number.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Greg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is the tyre size set correctly in the display ?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It uses a speed sensor in the hub to measure wheel RPM. Maybe you have the LCD set to 24" wheel instead of 26". If it is set 26", then set it to 28".

Gergeyl

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
It uses a speed sensor in the hub to measure wheel RPM. Maybe you have the LCD set to 24" wheel instead of 26". If it is set 26", then set it to 28".
I thought it would be in the hub. I don't know how to set that up I had been googling but I preferebly not erase all data if possible.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For the display consult the manual but usually one has to hold a pair of buttons simultaneously for about 10 secs to enter the settings then a further quick press of a button will toggle to the next parameter. Often speed, wheel size, clock and maybe a few other settings may be allowed to be changed. The combo of buttons once display is on may be the up/down pair or the switch button and another, for my displays I hold the up/down buttons then use the a quick press of the switch button (on/off) to toggle through the settings making changes by using the up or down button. Once one is happy with the changes press the switch button to turn off.

Gergeyl

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
For the display consult the manual but usually one has to hold a pair of buttons simultaneously for about 10 secs to enter the settings then a further quick press of a button will toggle to the next parameter. Often speed, wheel size, clock and maybe a few other settings may be allowed to be changed. The combo of buttons once display is on may be the up/down pair or the switch button and another, for my displays I hold the up/down buttons then use the a quick press of the switch button (on/off) to toggle through the settings making changes by using the up or down button. Once one is happy with the changes press the switch button to turn off.
Thanks Neal

I will try later when I have the time.
I couldn't find much of the manual online the videos on the wisper site are gone. The only thing in the manual is that the down button and power for 3 seconds changes km/h to mph.

Thanks once again for your help.
Maybe wisper can chime in on this too.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
David use to watch the forum for Wisper issues, maybe use the Wisper clinic part of the forum for a definitive answer.

Last edited:

Gergeyl

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Hi
I had sorted it out with your help. It does the right speed and distance so I am happy. It does seem to assist up to 18mph, but I don't mind that I can just turn down assist if it eats into the battery too much.

In case someone else is in the same boat and is too lazy to get in touch with wisper directly, this is how it seems to works with the wisper 905 2019-2020.
Press both up and down buttons in the same time with the bike powered up for I think 3 seconds.
That will make the speedometer flash with the diameter of the wheel. Up and down buttons to change it and long press power to exit when done.
I hope that's accurate enough.

Thanks for the help once again.

Cheers
Greg

Reactions: Phil Dryden

Advertisers