Wisper 905SE ridgid crossbar

Grandad50

Pedelecer
May 23, 2018
Cumberland
Hi my trusty wisper 905SE ridgid crossbar has suddenly presented a fault on the LED display.

The last battery bar and the 3rd figure on the odometed/trip are missing.

If I twist the controller they come back but when I leg go they disappear again.

Not a major issue as the bike functions fine.

Does anyone no the brand of the controller as on the bike it says wisper but on the wisper parts page it's has what looks like (HNH) and I've seen the same controler display on VeeGo fat tyre so assuming it's a generic Chinese I attach photo of controler if any one can help, if any more. Digits vanish I will replace with new. PWOS31009-WISPER-SE-LCD-DISPLAY-DMHC2015-1.jpg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That's the sort of fault that can be caused by water getting in. Did you ride it or park it in the rain?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's DMHC, not HnH. Make sure you get the right connector:

You have to tell them some parameters, which I'd guess are battery voltage, max speed and current, so you get a chance to change it if you want.

Last edited:

Grandad50

Pedelecer
May 23, 2018
Cumberland
That's the sort of fault that can be caused by water getting in. Did you ride it or park it in the rain?
No its kept indoors and at work is in a covered cycle park.

The display comes back if I twist the display slightly
But vanishes when I release it again. The bike runs fine and the rest of display is clear just those 2 areas.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's just the contacts between the actual LCD and the pcb - maybe a dry solder joint or something like that.
It's the same LCD that was used on the 2016 705, which Wisper said was affected by a batch of faulty LCDs, so it might be worth giving them a call.

Tim@Wisper

Trade Member
May 6, 2021
Hello,
We do still have that LCD display in stock. I have attached a link below if you would like to order one. I hope this solves your problem and gets you back enjoying your Wisper.

Grandad50

Pedelecer
May 23, 2018
Cumberland
Hello,
We do still have that LCD display in stock. I have attached a link below if you would like to order one. I hope this solves your problem and gets you back enjoying your Wisper.
Thanks u will look at that.

Grandad50

Pedelecer
May 23, 2018
Cumberland
It's just the contacts between the actual LCD and the pcb - maybe a dry solder joint or something like that.
It's the same LCD that was used on the 2016 705, which Wisper said was affected by a batch of faulty LCDs, so it might be worth giving them a call.
I'll do that thanks for the heads up

Advertisers