Wisper battery update query

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Hi all at Wisper,

It seems from reading your website, that you're about to/ have just changed the battery connection system for the 905se, having just bought one with the old plug-in connection I'd like to ask if these batteries will still be available when the time comes for a replacement, or will you provide a kit to retrofit older bikes to the new system?

best regards,

The_Bike_Whisperer

Pedelecer
Jul 30, 2008
A very reasonable question and one to which I would also request feedback. As with any product there is a natural assumption that spares will be maintained for a reasonable period of time. In the case on the Wisper 905SE how long will spares be maintained for existing models, the battery being a key consideration.

Thanks
John

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Well, I'd have thought they would find some way for existing owners to migrate to the new system as it's the only path that makes any comercial sense. They'd be simply loosing future sales otherwise, as those in our position will simply take our custom elsewhere when our batteries die.

It would be a pity though, as I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the future development of what is already a pretty stellar power delivery system.

Hopefully David is consulting with his partners in China with regard to this issue, and will give us an answer soon.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
The battery doesn't worry me a lot, if it does become unavailable from Wisper then it is not a very difficult component to replace with another brand. You may have to do some work to find a solution that will fit but changing connectors is not hard and a duff battery certainly wont mean the end of life for the bike.
Not having a direct replacement for the controller would be a bigger problem I expect as you would need a lot of detail to find a replacement and it would probably need most of the connectors changing.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Battery Replacement

Hi all at Wisper,

It seems from reading your website, that you're about to/ have just changed the battery connection system for the 905se, having just bought one with the old plug-in connection I'd like to ask if these batteries will still be available when the time comes for a replacement, or will you provide a kit to retrofit older bikes to the new system?

best regards,
Hi Straylight

Please don't worry, the battery cells we are using now are exactly the same as in your bike, it is just the BMS and case that have changed.

We have 100's of original cases in stock, therefore we also have 100's of original style batteries. As long as there is a need for them we will continue to supply them.

We are looking at the possibility of an upgrade to the new battery style on the bikes with the existing battery. I will keep you informed.

Best regards David

Advertisers