Wisper throttle and wiring

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Hi

Can you tell me if any of the spare connectors in the controller box are available to power lighting? If so what voltage do they operate at and what current are they capable of passing? If not of course, ignore the latter!
I find that I use the pedelec mode whenever I am travelling slower than it's maximum (eg. up a steep hill), but if I require more assisted speed I usually just have the throttle on full whilst pedalling. Under these circumstances it would be much more comfortable to ride if the throttle assembly were replaced with a simple 'boost' switch, basically just going straight to full throttle. Is it possible to rewire the throttle into a switch arrangement to do this? If possible it would be ideal (and much safer) if the boost system would not operate until the motor had already been started using the pedals.

Cheers, Phil

P.S. Still no news of those new design brake levers?

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I'm interested in all of this and I still can't get the front brake working at all well, I'll email Doug about that part.

Howard

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2008
I'd be very interested in this as well. My throttle is still broken - has been for 4 weeks now, as I understand Doug has had trouble with the last batch of spare throttles and has been waiting for the next lot to arrive. The throttle 'switch' functionality described by Phil below woud be absolutely ideal. I always have the throttle full on when I use it (a distant memory now though :rolleyes: ), so an on/off switch would be much more useful.
Cheers,
Howard

Advertisers