With ebikes Leicester closing now what

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Been informed ebikes Leicester is closing and from a purely selfish point of view where does that leave me now

Does my warranty transfer to another wisper dealer (nearest one is now at least 40 miles away)

Just makes the servicing a.lot more troublesome plus I have no relationship with any other dealer (having not purchased the bike from them)

tritonbob

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 19, 2011
Hi Malcolm

Have you heard when they might be closing as there's no mention of it on their website ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
With e-bikes being such a small market this has always been a problem. The one upside for you is that Wisper have always been excellent on support issues and will do their best to alleviate any ill effects that might crop up.

Tezzer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 24, 2017
Cheshire
My retailer - Silver E Riders of Shrewsbury - went out of business 4 months after I bought the bike in May. I just had an issue with the bike. Spoke to Wisper who were fantastic and arranged for the bike to be couriered back to them and fixed. They would have couriered it back but I decided to take a trip and collect it last Monday. Really great set of people and I can't fault their support. Also I have spoken to another local dealer who will provide support which David at Wisper has assured me will be covered under the warranty where necessary.
Moral of the story is do a bit of research on your intended retailer - had I done so prior to purchase I would have known they were up for sale and wouldn't have touched them. Later bought my wife's 705 Torque from Tweeks at Wrexham who are stable business and very good so far. Personally, I would avoid mail order for the sake of saving a few pounds - you have no dealer relationship if things go wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: JuicyBike and flecc

Advertisers