Wuxing 29DX broken

salz

Just Joined
Aug 11, 2016
Virginia
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

On a Zuma eBike, I have a Wuxing 29DX throttle and, after setting for three weeks, now when I push the off-on button the 3 LED lights come on but don't stay on when I let go of the switch. When I take the bike out of pedal-assist and rack the throttle while holding the switch down, the wheels do not move.

Thinking it was probably just the off-on switch, I tried to take the 29DX apart but can't figure out how to remove the throttle handle in order to split the two plastic sides of the actual unit. Before I work hard to get it off, and perhaps break the 29DX, am I barking up the wrong tree? Could there be something else I should look at prior to taking any chance of destroying the unit?

Thanks, anyone, for whatever help you can provide.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Try spraying the on/off switch with WD 40 and working the switch, it maybe the latching mechanism is sticking.

D

Deleted member 4366

They're not easy to dismantle. If you look inside the tube, there's three barbs. You need three thin blades to hold them off while you pull the rotating sleeve away from the fixed part.

It might be easier to use your own switch. Show, the connector/s so that we can see the colours of the wires, and then we can tell you which two you fit the switch to.

Advertisers