Yamaha 500wh new battery, haibike, hibernated? and what´s your SN?

motopa

Just Joined
Sep 30, 2016
Spain
Hi, I just get a yamaha pw new bike, it includes a 500wh battery, but after unboxing, I checked and it didn´t turn on (any led), then I connected to charger and after that, 1 led was on, installed on bike and checked 20% battery. I think it´s a bit low for a new battery (it´s supposed to store at higher levels, or 20% is it ok?). Are these new yamaha batteries shipped hibernated?

too, I checked, the box has a QR number (maybe serial number) it´s different to battery received. Battery start by VI1020168xxxxx maybe 10-2016 manufacture? box start as LPY0278108XXXXX

what´s the correct serial number? do you have a yamaha new battery bought recently? what´s your first digits of it? when you get, you get discharged with one led or its delivered full?

thanks

Skippy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 7, 2018
Wales
Hi Motopa.

The battery does not arrive fully charged. The recommended storage charge is 1 to 2 lights ie 25% to 50%. The battery on my partners bike purchased end of 2017 starts with UI10200xxxxxx.

There is a service manual available for the Yamaha X94. It contains instructions on how to determine the charge capacity of the battery. When shipped it should be 100%, this will decrease over time with use so may indicate the battery is old\used.

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers