yi yun brushed motor controller on my powabyke

mac-1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 3, 2014
I have just put a yi-yun brushed motor controller on a powabyke and have a everything wired up but I'm trying to get the pedal sensor working I have got a set of wires which say speed settings left which I have just wired to a 2 way switch does anybody know how to run the pedal sensor and the throttle I have seen the switches which say pas/tag does anybody know if the switch would work with a brushed motor controller or a way that I can wire my own switch up to do the same job

D

Deleted member 4366

Show us a picture of your controller and connectors so that we can see what you've got.

mac-1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 3, 2014
Thick Yellow and Blue to the Motor
Thick Red and black to Battery
Thin Red and Black to Charger, Light Meter, battery indicator etc
Red, Blue and Black to Throttle
Yellow and Black to Brakes
Red and Blue to Ignition
Grey, Black and Brown to Speed switch settings (if applicable)this is the controller although I have the 36v one
$_57.jpg

D

Deleted member 4366

That controller has no connector for the PAS, so it doesn't have that function. Brushed controllers with PAS take a bit of hunting out. They're not very common.

To get your one to work with PAS, you need additional DIY electronics. There is a LED display panel that can integrate PAS and throttle into a single signal. This one:

http://outrider.en.alibaba.com/product/448161267-212021021/E_bike_LED_Display_panel.html

I haven't tried it, so I don't know how well it works. Member Pdarnett has done it, so if he doesn't comment here, send him a message.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Works all right, has a hidden turbo setting, after level three press the up button again to light all 3 lights for a level 4 setting!

D

Deleted member 4366

That's interesting. Is turbo mode higher than throttle only? It can't actually make a turbo mode because the output is only a normal throttle signal to the controller. I guess the 4 levels are the throttle signal divided into 4, with turbo mode equivalent to the maximum throttle signal of about 4.1v

Advertisers