Bike theif Car spotters needed

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so from pics 1-3 they were there over 4 mins ?

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you was going to get a bike you would not do it like that you want in and out in seconds and that close looks way too small to just pull up right in front of ur house and take it like that and speed off in over 4 mins???

id look closer to home as just dont make sense tbh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A Ford dealer should be able to tell you what year Focus it is. The latest has lost the upper vent above the grill, the wrap-around rear lights indicate not too old and the slope of the side window line confirms that.

I'm guessing around two to three years, but a new Ford dealer might be able to pin it down quite accurately.

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
Pistonheads? Is that on another forum?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Pistonheads.com Car nuts forum, probably will tell you exact car, model and year. Post the incident details there ,someone might know who this mob are, it's for sure they don't only do bike theft. Lots of police on there too so may ring a bell with one.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Pistonheads.com Car nuts forum, probably will tell you exact car, model and year. Post the incident details there ,someone might know who this mob are, it's for sure they don't only do bike theft. Lots of police on there too so may ring a bell with one.
Not tonight it would seem
The forums are currently not accepting posts from new members.

This is due to persistent abuse earlier today.

The forums are likely to stay in this mode for some hours.

We apologise for the inconvenience and hope you'll return later.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
D

Deleted member 4366

Yes you're right. After a long search, the closest I can find is the 2011 Ford Kuga. If it's one of those, the police should be able to find it quickly - that's if they can be bothered.

It has the correct shaped grill, the same trapezium shaped fog or side lights, the correct rear light, rear window and rear side window, and the same wide headlights. More difficult to see, but I think the darker wheel-arch trims are there. The only thing that's not an exact match is the upper grill, but I think there's some distortion in the photo caused by the curved window. Most important of all, it has the two bulges like rails across the back like you can see in your last photo and in this second one:
http://imganuncios.mitula.net/2011_ford_kuga_7320093474761594991.jpg

http://www.topgear.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_640w/public/cars-road-test/image/2015/02/Large Image (optional)_32.jpg?itok=nQoaZ5Y2

Last edited by a moderator:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yes you're right. After a long search, the closest I can find is the 2011 Ford Kuga. If it's one of those, the police should be able to find it quickly - that's if they can be bothered.

It has the correct shaped grill, the same trapezium shaped fog or side lights, the correct rear light, rear window and rear side window, and the same wide headlights. More difficult to see, but I think the darker wheel-arch trims are there. The only thing that's not an exact match is the upper grill, but I think there's some distortion in the photo caused by the curved window. Most important of all, it has the two bulges like rails across the back like you can see in your last photo and in this second one:
http://imganuncios.mitula.net/2011_ford_kuga_7320093474761594991.jpg

http://www.topgear.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_640w/public/cars-road-test/image/2015/02/Large Image (optional)_32.jpg?itok=nQoaZ5Y2
Unfortunately. cant be bothered seems to cover it.
One phone call told me to go home as officers were at my house.. No one there! Another call and they told me they had looked around for it, and then told me it hadn't been assigned to an officer. They probably think its just another bike theft, so I explained that this bike without a battery in this area is bordering on unique, could easily be spotted and is probably unsellable. We have a circus in town so going to look there this morning, and also cash convertors in town.

• Informative

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
It look like a sharper Ford Mondeo Sport, another company copied the look, but I can't remember the name or find the car.