Motor cutting out after a few seconds

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Hi all.

I mentioned this in another topic last week but it'd happening again.

After sorting out my brake woes on the way home today my sirocco cdl has decided to stop pedal assisting. However, the throttle is fully functional.

After turning off the battery and back on again. The pedal assist will work for a few seconds and then won't work until the unit is turned off and back on..

Here is a video... https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BztB4N7mO2y9cUFuWVRxY2pWOWc/edit?usp=docslist_api

I'm not having much luck with ebikes so far :(

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
no, you are not very lucky with this. Did you contact support? what did they say?

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Sent me the tool. I managed to tighten the silver cup about an 8th of a turn before the tool bent and mis-shaped. However, the pedal assist problem didn't seem to be fixed by this. It was working anyway. My problem was the motor was loose. It does seem to be tight now.

It was initially sent out to me to stop the creaking. Which it did. For 20 miles. Now the creaking seems to be creeping it's way back slowly.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
did you tell them about the problem with the pedelec sensor?

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
I believe I did. But at the time I attributed it to my brakes cutting out the motor. Although now I realise that isn't the case , as the throttle works just fine

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I watched the video, I suspect a faulty pedelec sensor.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Let Andy @ Woosh know about this - they'll sort it tomorrow.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
I'm just about to email now. It's a real bummer. It's been great for me to get excercise and fit it into my daily routine (commute). I really benefit from it. To thr point where I don't want to drive my car into work.

I just want a working bike! The support has been great from woosh. Can't really fault it. Just a shame I've had these problems.

Anyway. Sob story over. I'll send Andy an email

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Andy is sending me a replacement pedelec sensor and a new tool. Still impressed with the service. Just wish I lived closer to Southend on sea!

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Andy is a good guy.

Reactions: pdarnett

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Hi guys.

Fitting the new pedelec sensor at the moment. But it seems I can't easily thread the old wire out through the frame. It's too tight. If I did managed to squeeze it out there's no chance I'm getting the new cable inside and through it. Am I missing something here??

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I would fit the new sensor with the cable outside and leave the old sensor dangling where it is for a while.
After I am sure that the fix works, I'll ask Andy how I am going to thread the new cable through.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Oh. It also creaks upon apply the throttle (no pedalling) when starting from a standstill. It stops after the bike has gained momentum however

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it sounds like the chain is biting on the side of the cogs' teeth. Turn the bike upside down, then turn the cranks - that way you can hear where the creaks come from.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
It sounds like coming straight from the left crank.
if the right crank does not make the creak then the fault is in the left crank.
If this is the case, remove the left crank, put some grease on the bottom bracket spindle and the crank bolt. Tighten it slowly and check for the tell tale creak. The grease will help the crank to mate with the spindle.