"Sorry, he has a problem with his eyes!" says the passenger.

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
'Having trouble with his eyes'??
He couldn't even be bothered to get out himself and check you and your bike were ok, as I hope you were - you landed quite a distance from the bike.

At least you have his registration number should you show this to the police. He clearly wasn't paying attention to the road and this could have had a nasty ending.

Hope you are ok?

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Bloody Hell !!! :mad::rolleyes:

How are you? (Apart from feeling fortunate)

And your bike?

Needs reporting to Sussex Police IMHO. Due care and attention at the very least. Might be an honest mistake, but if something's impairing their ability to drive safely.....

Gaz

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he jumped of at last min thats what i do tuck and roll other wise prob broke his leg ;)

The footage continues for a further 15 mins during which time they do their utmost to avoid providing any details. Instead, asking me if I had insurance, telling me they're sure I am fine and my bike won't cost much to fix.
If I hadn't had the cam on I think they might have driven off planning to deny everything!
When the driver did eventually exit the car, his eyes looked cloudy and he squinted a lot, often tilting his head back to improve his view. The driver didn't speak much English and I'm really not sure he's legal to be driving. Police are on the case but I haven't heard anything back yet.
Insurers have accepted liability, but pretty difficult not to with footage like that.
Pure chance I had the cam running that morning, I don't normally switch it on until I hit the trails. I didn't make the trails that day or since but I'm fixing up slowly, dosed up on pain killers.
Had ct scan on my neck which showed no bone/spine damage.
An instinctive lift of the right leg above bonnet height milliseconds before impact saved my right ankle from being smashed to pieces. Only noticed it during slomo playback afterwards.

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

Jeez, that was unreal. :(

You were very lucky to get up from that one.

I also can't believe that the driver of the Yeti and the other car didn't even stop.
Cheers Eddie. Nobody else stopped at all! Something of a moral responsibility if you ask me, I always do if I witness something.
It does go to show how helpful cams can be.
It'll probably be a few weeks until I'm back on the bike. Also I will need to order some parts to replace the damaged and broken bits.
Certainly been counting my lucky stars.

Bloody Hell !!! :mad::rolleyes:

How are you? (Apart from feeling fortunate)

And your bike?

Needs reporting to Sussex Police IMHO. Due care and attention at the very least. Might be an honest mistake, but if something's impairing their ability to drive safely.....

Gaz
Sussex plod are on the case, but so far they are proving to be no Perry Mason!

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I'm sorry, I've had to give you an offensive language rating. :eek:

You're incredibly lucky to be here to receive one of those! Bike cams.. you can't beat them. Did you have your new best headlight on at the time? You rolled really well. A stunt man couldn't have done better tbh. I'm glad you're ok. :)

I'll change that icon to a useful now. Well done for staying alive.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Sorry about that they are nutters on the road.
Household insurance on your side should cover your solicitors costs until he is done.
Sue sue sue.

I'm sorry, I've had to give you an offensive language rating. :eek:

You're incredibly lucky to be here to receive one of those! Bike cams.. you can't beat them. Did you have your new best headlight on at the time? You rolled really well. A stunt man couldn't have done better tbh. I'm glad you're ok. :)

I'll change that icon to a useful now. Well done for staying alive.
Yes, apologies for the potty mouth language, I couldn't work out how to mute that part so uploaded as is. I thought it was reasonably reserved considering the circumstances!

Well spotted on the new best headlight. I purchased, I think it was on d8veh's recommendation. Very pleased with it, although haven't tested since the crash.

Cheers for the update icon, I'll try my best to never do it again [emoji14]

Sorry about that they are nutters on the road.
Household insurance on your side should cover your solicitors costs until he is done.
Sue sue sue.
Bang on the button D8ve. Household ins. have put me onto a good solicitors firm who are running things now.
Still taken an inordinate amount of time to deal with ins.co., solicitors, doctors, hospital, police etc. this week.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
pmsl at the wave the driver gave you like for giving way wtf he seen that.

if that was me id be in the cells (removed by admin) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so what is the damage cost wise ? was that the new 2017 carbon santa cruz nomad frame:D

so what is the damage cost wise ? was that the new 2017 carbon santa cruz nomad frame:D
Not sure on cost yet. The bike is a Lynskeys titanium on-one, handmade in Tennessee I think. Irreplaceable! I don't think that many were made.
Game changing ti hardtail when it first came out. Rare now.
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/frames/mountain-bike/product/review-on-one-lynskey-ti-456-08-31339/