is there ca descent hill climber for £1000 omiting big bear

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all
there is a local garden centre/aquarium quite near me ,but involves a steepish hill ,some .65 miles long which flattens out a bit then rises again approx. I mile total.
but lots of traffic and no ware to get off the road until at least 1/2 mile of climbing.
it is possible to get to the same destination but very long winded , bridle path through golf course, or a much longer but still hilly route.
I tried this a little while back on Carrera /tdz cd ts sensor got up hill but a bit of effort
tried on ktm bosch active , had to pull of road as soon as able.
tried on kudos vita uno speed sensor , slightly easier but less grunt so still did not get up there much easier.
I am quite aware my hill climbing ability is poor.
also I have never tried the likes of bosch cx, steps e800 /giant and quite of the few of the latest ebikes mtbs

which all seem to be £2000+ is there anything about the the £1000 mark
thanks all

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I might have to come and try UK hills someday I am perplexed...

Jerrymond

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2017
Huddersfield
You could try buying a new house at the top of the hill, I've heard the market's good right now. Or live in a tent at the garden centre. Or try some ready brek it was very popular in the 80's and gave superpowered energy it also gave you this radio active glow so you wouldn't need the extra weight of any lights.
Seriously I don't know from personal experience but woosh rio mtb and fb along with kudos mistral seem to be well regarded bikes just above your budget. Maybe ask some questions about them on here and you will get some answers from the people that have bought them. Good luck I hope you get some more useful input and find the right bike for you.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You said no big bear... How about the Woosh Krieger?
Crank driven but still fits your budget.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?krieger

The new 2017 model has gear sensor. £1,029.
I have not got the pictures of the new model yet, they'll arrive shortly.
The stem is simple adjustable, not the fancy no tool you see on the picture but the rest is much the same look. The new bar is X-riser style.

This is the 2016 model.

Rupert1

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2017
north wales
My Woosh Bermuda climbed a major Pyrenees col in June, you can read my report on this in thread entitled 'France on a Woosh' so cannot see it would have much trouble on a climb as short as the one you describe.

D

Deleted member 4366

My Woosh Bermuda climbed a major Pyrenees col in June, you can read my report on this in thread entitled 'France on a Woosh' so cannot see it would have much trouble on a climb as short as the one you describe.
How hard did you pedal: 50w, 100w, 150w, 200w or what? People do those climbs without even having a motor - just for fun!

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
What's up with the Big Bear? My wife, a latter day cyclist, has one and we haven't found a hill that's defeated her - yet. Admittedly the front wheel drive can be a bit 'interesting' on loose or slimey steep surfaces but it is a prodigious hill climber. Of course you have to add your own effort, as far as I can see, no legal bike is going to get you up anything worthy of the name hill. without increasing your heart and breathing rate significantly.