sugestions for good quality warm beanie type hats please?

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hello all
its getting to the time of the year when I start to feel the cold,
and have had no luck finding descent quality woolly hats. plenty of thinsulate ones that look like a giant Yorkshire perched on ones head after 2 minutes of use.
have tried ms, some outdoor clothing shops , some seem cheap quality but dear price.

so suggestions please, it might be time for my ebikes to be laid up for winter and go buss pass bashing.

thank you

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
hello all
its getting to the time of the year when I start to feel the cold,
and have had no luck finding descent quality woolly hats. plenty of thinsulate ones that look like a giant Yorkshire perched on ones head after 2 minutes of use.
have tried ms, some outdoor clothing shops , some seem cheap quality but dear price.

so suggestions please, it might be time for my ebikes to be laid up for winter and go buss pass bashing.

thank you
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLOOMB/on-one-merino-beanie

Highly recommended, merino wool. I bought a few so I have replacements when I lose one.

• Agree
Reactions: argoose

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Disclaimer: my brother sells merino and possum blend beanies they are way too hot for me! Like Eddie I prefer the microfibre tube which you can wear several ways and with or without a helmet. I have a pure wool dockers cap and the two combined cover all the bits that need covering. And when it rains they fit nicely under the hood of my rain jacket or cape.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That guy is obviously a magician :)
His demo is very good much better then the guy on the uk buff presentation.
I have a 60% merino lightweight balaclava which I wear under my cool dudes helmet which works quite well in the cold, like Eddie a cold neck and wind chill makes for an unpleasant ride.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Worth buying, just because of the clip.:D
Couldn't agree more so I did :).
In remembrance of the brave I opted for this print.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: The Bear