Could this be used to charge an ebike battery.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
If you have 6 monkeys pedaling home trainers with that fitted? Yes.

There you have two opposite points of view, one realistic, one not, you get to choose the one you like the most.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
If you have 6 monkeys pedaling home trainers with that fitted? Yes.

There you have two opposite points of view, one realistic, one not, you get to choose the one you like the most.
Do the monkeys have typewriters or is that an infinately more Shakespearean question?

• :D
D

Deleted member 4366

Hi, I hope all is well.

I was wondering if this could be used to charge an ebike battery.

https://www.alpkit.com/products/love-mud-juice-boost

Thanks
Yes, but you'd need to pedal for two hundred hours to charge the battery.

The idea of an electric bike is to use electricity from a battery to help you to pedal your bike. Why would you want to pedal harder and longer to charge a battery, when it would be easier and cheaper to use non-electric bike.

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he man had a super charger mind, you just need to be struck buy lighting for it to work.

prob why the us gov raided tesla of all his research ;)

• Agree

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Do the monkeys have typewriters or is that an infinately more Shakespearean question?
One of them is a gorilla and he is pedaling twice as hard as the others so maybe I should have said "apes"? So in any case as they have to pedal constantly for 5 to 6 hours you will need lots of low hanging fruit to keep them going. That might cost a bit more than the electricity you would use from the wall plug when charging your battery with a charger...

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
A typical e-bike charger (mine) has an output of 42V /60W. This is 6V/3W - so is underpowered.