Pedelec with Gates beltdrive and no gears

After looking at many pedelec-rider(specially woman and older man) I always wanted a pedelec which is simple, noiseless, no gearshifter with Torque-sensor and maintenance free and clean without oil or grease
Simple and comfortable in use where nothing can go brocken. Simple at it´s best.
So I took a shengyi-x2 which is noiseless on the right controller and converted that Motor with a cassette integrated Torque-sensor (therefore need to made modification at the motoraxle and need a new motorcover as you can see on the photo. I made some spacer to bring the gates-carbondrive into perfect position and cut one of my bikeframe in order to get a opening point at the bikeframe.
After long testride, this bike is perfect for nearly everything but long Mounatin-riding. Anyways, even a steep bridge-ramp or a hill with less than 8% climbing I can ride up with my nearly 180kg total weight Bike and rider without any problem

I have a new cellphone so I still not used to the cameraposition on it and get always a bit of my finger in every photo:rolleyes:
WeChat Image_20240410094319.jpgWeChat Image_20240410094309.jpg

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
congratulations for yet another excellent idea!

BTW, Tongsheng/Aikema now have your integrated torque sensor in their motor, AKM85TS, 2kgs, cassette. I will be stocking them soon.

Reactions: mechaniker