Prices of the electricity we use to charge

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Interesting article. I read that maybe last week. The thing about the conclusion re heavy elements is that we need to treat single observations and research 'findings' with a bit of caution when they seem to go against established theories. Quite often pretty dramatic and unexpected findings turn out to be more about bad measurements and mistaken calculations. Not always of course, but often. I remember a right load of excitement about thirty some years ago when a team announced that they had successfully created cold fusion energy. It seemed like we had discovered a way to make infinite , clean, free energy - we hadn't. This stuff happens quite often - hence my urge to caution.

As an aside - we are REALLY REALLY lucky that we can take the light from an event like an exploding star or just any old star and put it through a prism and see the absorption lines on the spectrum which show where different elements have absorbed the light. We get a sort of DNA profile of what the star is made of and how much of each element it has in it. It is a fantastic stroke of luck to be able to point a telescope at a star and read the stripes in the spectrum and can know what it is made of. I mean - how lucky is that?

For example - the sun is 70% hydrogen by mass, and 27% helium with 3% 65 other elements.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY and Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i miss orgrish best site ever to watch retards die one man was pumping a chicken and a fkn massive boulder splatted him now thats between a rock and a hard place :eek:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240420_005239[1].jpg

20240420_005319[1].jpg

prob get a bit more but council thinks there cleaned buy the rain so 30% down as have 3kw and installed 9 years ago.

but tbh i have never seen these things be cleaned not around here anyway on any house but at least my new inverter works about 15 other ppls ones are fooked and capacitors shot to bits as they only have a 5 year service life and they dont give a crap :rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

im sure it will fit in my garden i cant get that high tho need more power :oops:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Dear Stroud District Council,

please could you provide me information as to what is going to happen with these houses in Hardwicke to make them energy efficient buy 2028 as have been told this will be impossible as to there construction and life left in them from a report in 2018.

Non-Traditional Homes Summary Property Review February 2018
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.stroud.gov.uk/media/640067/d...

as other councils are just demolishing these homes as not cost effective to under pin them and have them bricked up and made energy efficient buy 2028.

also can you provide me with the total number of council homes that you have that would need extensive work done to them to make them compliant buy 2028 with a a,b,c rating because buy law can not be rented out or sold with a mortgage.

also what will happen to the tenements while this work is completed because if they are on some benefits a change of address will mean a change in there circumstances and would loose there migration protection if on pip esa would mean loosing this and a new uc claim started and will have to retake a medical to get the pip part of this back and can take 2 years and a loss of income because they will loose there migration protection.

will theses ppl get any sort of compensation from the council corporation registered at dun and brad street as a corporation for profit as this will be a government corporation decision also registered at the same site as a corporation for profit same as all government body's.

https://www.dnb.co.uk/

Yours faithfully,

pita :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240420_025400[1].jpg
23796 no offers oh well :cool:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
View attachment 57315

View attachment 57316

prob get a bit more but council thinks there cleaned buy the rain so 30% down as have 3kw and installed 9 years ago.

but tbh i have never seen these things be cleaned not around here anyway on any house but at least my new inverter works about 15 other ppls ones are fooked and capacitors shot to bits as they only have a 5 year service life and they dont give a crap :rolleyes:
Solar panels are known to degrade over time. The guys selling the panels say 0.5% per year, the manufacturers guarantee is 1% and the analysts say 0.8%. If you went with 0.8%, after ten years you'd be getting 92% of what you got in year one; however, you have to add a few percent of generation because of the increase in energy from the sun if you swallow the story of global warming, and you have to subtract about 20% if you believe that the deep state are spoiling our weather with chemtrails.

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Solar panels are known to degrade over time. The guys selling the panels say 0.5% per year, the manufacturers guarantee is 1% and the analysts say 0.8%. If you went with 0.8%, after ten years you'd be getting 92% of what you got in year one; however, you have to add a few percent of generation because of the increase in energy from the sun if you swallow the story of global warming, and you have to subtract about 20% if you believe that the deep state are spoiling our weather with chemtrails.
The big problem of degradation of solar panels output is more likely to do with dust and muck settling on them. A few of those days when Saharan dust is settling and the output must fall judging by the state of my car on those days.

On the roof, they aren't that easy to clean up.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240420_232302[1].jpg
20240420_232320[1].jpg
20240420_232353[1].jpg
20240420_232411[1].jpg

20240421_000327[1].jpg

cheapest day yet :cool:

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The big problem of degradation of solar panels output is more likely to do with dust and muck settling on them. A few of those days when Saharan dust is settling and the output must fall judging by the state of my car on those days.

On the roof, they aren't that easy to clean up.
They're self-cleaning. I've never cleaned mine and they have no dirt at all on them despite the pigeons roosting on them and shitting all over them because I always have bird food put out in my garden. I see the occasional pigeon **** on them, but it's always gone the next time I look.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240421_001413[1].jpg

we have 8 panels on the roof but have not been cleaned in 9 years since installed the old inverter was fooked and did bugger all.

i need more power :p

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
@saneagle

"The interesting thing is that humans have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that 2,400 gigatonnes of carbon (our total emissions since pre-industrial times) might make a difference to climate, but very readily get behind the idea of a few hygroscopic flares making 18 months worth of rain fall in a day."

• :D
Reactions: POLLY and flecc