130X Vs 158X throttle wiring?

Grafix01

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 18, 2023
I have a 130X thumb throttle which although sharing 3-pin connector geometry (sealed/moulded Julet connectors) doesn't work at all when I substitute it for the existing 158X twist grip type throttle on the bike. I'm guessing this is because the wiring/pins are differently ordered. Without having to open up the wiring of both throttles could anybody advise me which wires on the 130X thumb throttle need to be swapped around please?

Many thanks!

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have a 130X thumb throttle which although sharing 3-pin connector geometry (sealed/moulded Julet connectors) doesn't work at all when I substitute it for the existing 158X twist grip type throttle on the bike. I'm guessing this is because the wiring/pins are differently ordered. Without having to open up the wiring of both throttles could anybody advise me which wires on the 130X thumb throttle need to be swapped around please?

Many thanks!
Cut the connectors off. The colours are normally pretty obvious. No harm will be done if you get them wrong, so you can try all combinations until it works, then solder them.

Reactions: Grafix01