2016 KTM thread

Kapoho was very much expected bike and looks a nice one.

Seems like for 2016 KTM went the tradiotional way and just slapped on the motor and battery on the frame. Other manufacturers are going more for the integrated style. But maybe KTM has some surprises, we'll see..
Its always KTM's aim to make eBikes that look like bicycles, so I don't think you'll ever get something super spaceship looking from KTM.

However all the bikes are designed from the ground up to be eBikes, there is never just a motor slapped onto a normal bike, that does not happen.

Have a look at the eGnition for example, can you see a "normal" KTM in the line up that looks anything like it?

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
I Haven't seen normal 2016 KTM models so I don't know :-D

I don't mean a spaceship look, just that the battery (and motor) is more integrated to the frame. For example have a look at the new Specialized. Looks more traditional bike than KTM e-bikes.

Cycling industry is a lot about trends, and if integrated look is a trend I'm sure KTM will follow sooner or later. And I don't mean to be negative here, just making observations.

But back to KTM 2016 models, any new fat bikes coming out?

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
I see the control unit on the Panasonic's has't changed. My feedback it that they need to seperate the Power on/off button from being right next to the Assist Levels buttons. In the dark and/or with gloves changing levels up it's easy to inadvertantly switch off power entirely - usually when just hitting a hill.

Reactions: EddiePJ and jdallan