2017 KTM news...

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
My understanding of the reasons why KTM haven't gone down the fully integrated route is that you have to modify the battery casing, which means its not just the stock Bosch battery.

So you're then into all the pro's and cons of having what is essentially a bespoke battery.
Thanks for getting back so promptly.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Some of the newer Bosch bikes have a partly integrated battery - the downtube is shaped like a shallow tray.

The Moustache appears to be like that.

I'm not sure if any Bosch bikes are fully integrated.

As Col says, Bosch stuff is notoriously locked down in many respects.

It might be possible to fit a Bosch motor with a third party designed battery.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Bosch insist on using their batteries as a condition of supplying the motor on trade terms to the manufacturer.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Some of the newer Bosch bikes have a partly integrated battery - the downtube is shaped like a shallow tray.

The Moustache appears to be like that.
Doesn't seem to be much online yet about the new Moustache. Looking at this (translated) link though they say:-
The major innovation of the coming year is the development of a whole range equipped with a new type of aluminum and carbon framework that integrates the battery, the concept of "hidden power".

With that in mind & saving & zooming in on this image:-

I'm thinking that maybe a standard Bosch battery fits inside the frame & the black bit is possibly a cover.

Although I admire Moustache & find the quality of their bikes fantastic I wouldn't have thought they were big enough for Bosch to develop a separately cased battery.

Time will tell no doubt ....

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
I'm thinking that maybe a standard Bosch battery fits inside the frame & the black bit is possibly a cover.

Although I admire Moustache & find the quality of their bikes fantastic I wouldn't have thought they were big enough for Bosch to develop a separately cased battery.
Found some pictures:-

Looks like it is a standard Bosch battery.

Last edited:

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Don't like that arrangement.....can see why KTM haven't followed suit. Thanks for photos.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
is that cover stuck on to the batt with Velcro ?

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Bit of a joke really to call it an integrated battery when they just make the downtube massive to swallow it up.
Yeh fair point, although it does make a move towards the best of both worlds - a 'hidden' ish battery which actually uses a standard (Bosch) battery inside.

• Informative

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Looks very much that if you want an integrated battery you need to look at a Brose motored BH, Bulls, Specialized or the Giant Yamahas. Jhn

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Bosch Purion Display any idea when i can get one off these?