2K miles up on Oxygen eMate City

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
Purchased 2nd hand with 49 miles on the odometer August 2010, I have by now racked up over 2000 happy miles. My 14 mile round trip hilly commute on a busy main road has been a joyous experience even in the wind and rain (ANYTHING is better than driving!) and although last winter I was too nervous to attempt the trip after the clocks went back, this year I have geared up with reflective stickers, extra led lighting and a dead-groovy flashing blue helmet light and am ready to accept the challenge. I've experienced one puncture and replaced the rear tyre with a kevlar-banded one, my LBS has replaced the front disc brakes with conventional ones and I have swapped the seat post lock for a more manly one which doesn't allow the saddle to descend sharply if I stop suddenly! Otherwise the bike is much as it was at purchase apart from the addition of some East German Army-surplus panniers purchased off eBay.
I love cycling but couldn't bear the daily grind of my commute on a conventional bike with the attendant need to shower & change on arrival. On the Oxygen I can wear waterproof coveralls over my suit if necessary and arrive stirred but not shaken ready for a days clicking on the computer. I am most grateful to Oxygen and indeed Atmosphere Cycles the original supplier for providing me a life-enhancing mode of transport and will sing their praises to any who will listen.

david1949

Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2011
Belfast
Hi Marchant's it is good to see you are getting so much pleasure out of your Oxygen bike your posts it seems is the only one on this forum about Oxygen Bikes. Oxygen Bikes are not talked about much on this forum. As for me my new Oxygen Bike it has been put away till sometime in the new year as the weather here in N Ireland is bad lots of black ice and very very cold i took the battery of the bike and it,s up in the bed room fully charged. Have a good Christmas and a great new year keep biking